Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch help pleazzzzz??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch help pleazzzzz??

Ive been working now the 2nd day on thsi my clutch wont bleed and i guess there is air stuck in the line. Last night i took off teh master cylinder and cleared all teh air out of it. It worked at first but as soon as i drove on my way home the pedal would sink in a lil and only get pressure at the very bottom likde right before the floor. As soon as i get off work at 430 im going to mess with it again. And it seems liek i have to pump it while im driving other wise i cant get it to shift into gear. Any suggestions or anything???
Old 03-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackbird00
Ive been working now the 2nd day on thsi my clutch wont bleed and i guess there is air stuck in the line. Last night i took off teh master cylinder and cleared all teh air out of it. It worked at first but as soon as i drove on my way home the pedal would sink in a lil and only get pressure at the very bottom likde right before the floor. As soon as i get off work at 430 im going to mess with it again. And it seems liek i have to pump it while im driving other wise i cant get it to shift into gear. Any suggestions or anything???
When you were putting in the fluid did you have someone pushing in the clutch pedal until it was filled?
Old 03-17-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

With out a doubt, the problem is bleeding your slave. A guy on this site steve-d has a slave bleeder extension that he sells that works great. Recently I installed a Spec 5 and McLeod bellhousing that would not allow me to bleed the slave so I got this extension and that solved my dilemma.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ya someone today said they also think its my slave so im starting it right now im going to try and bleed it and hopefully that works.