Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch feeling stuck down when racing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch feeling stuck down when racing.

ok i went to the track today and ran but when i get up threw the gears and let off usually in 4th when i go to hit the clutch and shift to 5th the clutch pedal feels like its stuck 1/2 way down and its very stiff like its all presurized. anyone ever have somethin like this , could it be my slave cylinder or somthin, it only dows it when i pul the gears hard.
Old 03-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Teching In

its the slave alright
Old 03-17-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

ok
thanks if anyoen else has an opinion lemme know
Old 03-18-2006, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes this problem is hard to pin down, and there isn't one fix that works for everybody. My clutch does the same thing as your's even after a whole new clutch, including an 02 slave cylinder. I think my problem might be related to heat from the headers causing the fluid in the master-slave line to boil.
Old 03-18-2006, 07:29 AM
TECH Resident

does yours only do it when u run all out from almost a spot,its never done it to me normal driving or when i just downshifter and romped on it only when i go threw gears im worried somethin is goin to blow think it will
Old 03-18-2006, 08:41 AM
11 Second Club

I had the same problem.
The heat from the headers and the slipping clutch braught my fluid to a boil.
is your clutch slipping?
Maybe it's time to look into the "drill mod".
Old 03-18-2006, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

no my clutch doesnt feel like its slipping at all seems to grab hard, wouldnt it do this in traffic then also from heat not just pullin the gears and is there a sure shot fix for the stuck down pedal feel it sucks royally. will the drill mod fix this

Last edited by rgaynor85; 03-18-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rgaynor85
does yours only do it when u run all out from almost a spot,its never done it to me normal driving or when i just downshifter and romped on it only when i go threw gears im worried somethin is goin to blow think it will

Mine is fine when driving normally and shifting at low rpm's. Mine sticks when I'm pushing it hard and shifting over about ~5500+ rpm's. My clutch is not slipping that I know of. Mine started sticking after I put on the uncoated JBA's. That's why I feel mine is probably due to the extra heat of the headers. My car is currently undergoing a head/cam swap w/ drill mod. I'm hoping the the drill mod along with a good bleeding and heat reflectant tubing on the master-slave line should help. I've already added heat reflectant tubing on the line and this seemed to help a little bit, but by the time I added it my fluid had probably already been cooked.