Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP!!!!!!!! Drivetrain angle confusion:trans to rear parallel angles necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 08:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP!!!!!!!! Drivetrain angle confusion:trans to rear parallel angles necessary?

Someone here has to know this!!!!

I recently made a crossmember for the LS1 T56 I just installed into my '82.More info can be seen here:

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/fa...6-gen-1-a.html

My stock trans output shaft angle was -6 degrees with the T10.With the T56 in place at the highest I could get it into the trans tunnel without major cutting of the floor I could only achieve -8 degrees.I then attempted to set the rearend angle with the adjustable torque arm to +8 degrees,making the rearend yoke to trans output shaft angles parallel.I then planned to set the needed -2 degrees PA from there.I could only achieve a rearend yoke angle of 0 degrees.My question is,do these angles NEED to be absolutely parallel?Or can I just set the pinion angle once the driveshaft is in and this won't become an issue with vibrations,etc?

I can probably shim the trans up 1/8"-1/4" and then have the bottom tube/adjusting end of the torque arm milled 1/4" or so to allow more adjustment.I just want to make sure I am not overthinking this OR am I right on track?Shim,mill,set angles and continue on.