Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

My Mcleod SFI bellhousing does not line up

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Updated: My Mcleod SFI bellhousing does not line up - need help

My Mcleod bellhousing won't line up with my tranny dowel pins. Looks like 1 side is off about 1/16". Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions? This has f***** pissed me off. If the bellhousing has to come out the that means I have to tear the whole damn thing down again. I put the bellhousing on the trans while it was out of the car to make sure it would fit, and it did, so it must be a misalignment between the bellhousing and crankshaft centerline.

Here are a couple pictures. You can see in the lower right the mark where the trans dowel was trying to go.

Last edited by bowtieman81; 06-20-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

A friend and I both are using the Mcleod bell housing with no problem. If tthe dowel pins fit initally they ought to fit now. One thing you should consider is a slave cylinder bleeder extension, it is the only way to bleed the slave!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Update

Update, got the trans on the bellhousing finally. Ended up loosening all the bellhousing to engine bolts, and the trans finally slid on the bellhousing. Man, those housing to engine bolts are a major PITA to get a socket on with the tranny in place!

Hopefully the rest of the install will go smoother.

Quick Reply: My Mcleod SFI bellhousing does not line up