Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Drill mode

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drill mode

I keep hearing about this drill mode for six speed cars so the clutch disengages faster and u dont scratch gears can anyone point me in the right direction on what to do and tell me if it works
Old 06-28-2006, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no drill MODE.. drill MOD.. as in modification.

go to www.installuniversity.com

and check out the pics and how to on the drill mod there.

also.. do a search for "drill mod" in this section
Old 06-28-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.6SPEED
I keep hearing about this drill mode for six speed cars so the clutch disengages faster and u dont scratch gears can anyone point me in the right direction on what to do and tell me if it works
You need to take the master cylinder and clutch hydraulic line out of the car and them drill out the restrictor plate that is inside of the line. Pretty easy to do. Undo the clutch master cylinder from the clutch pedal area inside the car and then take the other end of the line out with a small screwdriver where the line goes into the bellhousing. Once it is out drill out the restrictor.

Sorry Im not too specific here, it was quite a few years ago that I did it and dont remember the specifics, but hopefully you get the idea. End result is that little restrictor in the line will be drilled out to the diameter of the line itself.