Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

buddies car wont move, clutch wont disengauge????

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default buddies car wont move, clutch wont disengauge????

heres the deal i gotta buddy with a 1999 trans am and here is whats wrong he did some cruising sat. night. and he went to leave my house he started up his car and went to put it into reverse... it wouldnt let him, then went to try and put it into any gear, it would not allow him to. its like the clutch is not disengauging. when we tried to force it into first the car rolls a little. we tried to start it in gear and it wanted to move even with the clutch pedal all the way down. basically its like trying to put the car in gear without the clutch is how it feels. only problem is we are pushing the clutch pedal down. when we shut the car off it allows you to go into the gears no problem, do you know what this could be? a slave or a master cylinder? my other friend suggested that we check the clutch fluid, possibly some air in the lines? i really hope this is a hydraulic issue, i really dont want this to be a transmission tear down for him. feedback please, for now it sits in front of my house and we dont know what to do! thanks guys!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

does the clutch stick to the floor? but either way does sound like a slave cylinder issue... i dont think air in the lines would do that pump it bout 20 times that will answer that question...
Old 07-19-2006, 08:24 AM
On The Tree

yea we are not sure still what it is!