Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I dont know how to feel...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I dont know how to feel...

Sooo, here goes a good story. I bought my car back in March and I thought it had the stock shifter because that's what the guy told me. So I drove the car for almost 4 months, have changed 2 clutches, removed the shifter etc...Well, today I was messing around with my shifter and I see a " Pro50.com" label on the stick and I thought "wtf...". So being the curious bastard I am, I removed my console so I can see the shifter up close. And yea, what do I see, "Power Tower By Pro 5.0 ."...I was estatic ...That was my next mod but the guy who had it installed (Im guessing orginal owner because Im the 3rd owner) never adjusted the screws to actually make it a "short shifter". And sure enough, I adjust both screws on the top and bottom and put everything back together. Take out the car and go out and rip through gears. Man, its a beauty. So yea, I had a Pro 5.0 and I didnt even know it...
Old 07-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are awesome!! When I got everything ready for my T56 conversion...I bought the T56, then the Pro 5.0, then bought the rest...lol I dont know what a stock shifter feels like...but I dont want anything else now...
Old 07-24-2006, 02:34 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to have it, but would always hit the gate on a 2-3 shift for some reason. Switched to the hurst billet plus and havent had the problem yet!
Old 07-25-2006, 03:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
I used to have it, but would always hit the gate on a 2-3 shift for some reason. Switched to the hurst billet plus and havent had the problem yet!

I have that problem

I can never seem to hit 3rd smoothly, gets frustrating as hell