Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Problem with Good clutch spinning

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Problem with Good clutch spinning

i have a spec 5, it works great, however, the pedal has backed off lately, and when in 4th, starting at low rpms and flooring it, when it spikes to full boost, the clutch will spin for like 1 second then fully engage. ( i know its the clutch cuz it makes the squeeling noise). obviously the pressure plate/bearing is not fully disengaging. this is on a stock slave 2001 t56.

i know this sounds like a total noob post, but how do i fix this? do i just bleed some fluid off or what?..

thanks
Old 08-23-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbo LS1 SS
i have a spec 5, it works great, however, the pedal has backed off lately, and when in 4th, starting at low rpms and flooring it, when it spikes to full boost, the clutch will spin for like 1 second then fully engage. ( i know its the clutch cuz it makes the squeeling noise). obviously the pressure plate/bearing is not fully disengaging. this is on a stock slave 2001 t56.

i know this sounds like a total noob post, but how do i fix this? do i just bleed some fluid off or what?..

thanks
that hi flo kit making to much power for u? haha. i was lookign at gettign a stage 5 for my car, u like it? my car is a daily driver, can u slip that clutch?
Old 08-23-2006, 03:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clutch is great. only downside is the squeel the clutch has. it lasts different amounts of time for everybody, but after about ~1800miles on this clutch it seems to have subsided. the squeel is real bad and embarressing...but now that its gone im reall happy bout the clutch....

Quick Reply: Problem with Good clutch spinning