Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What clutch should I go with?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What clutch should I go with?

I have a lid, longtubes, y-pipe, no cats, and the slp loudmouth on the car and the stocker can't keep up anymore. The car only has 41,xxx on it so i'm pretty sure the clutch isn't worn it just can't hang on anymore. I'm pretty new to the f-body world and I want to get a clutch that would be ideal for my setup. I plan on doing heads/cam over the next year and possibly spraying it. I want something that can hold, but not something ridiculous that is gonna be breaking **** for no reason. Also, should I go with a lightweight flywheel or another stocker? thanks for the input
Old 09-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have pretty much the same setup and same clutch problem. I just ordered the ls7 clutch which seems to be the most popular, and most reliable choice for the price. I dont believe you really need anything other than the ls2 flywheel and you should be strait.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for the LS7 setup. it will be here tommorrow. i have the ram hd now and it sucks on the street, chatters everytime from a stop. didnt last long with street driving either. it would be great for a strip setup i would think.