LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Manual Transmission (https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission-14/)
-   -   Please Confirm Cartek Fluid DOT 5 or DOT 5.1 (https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/647500-please-confirm-cartek-fluid-dot-5-dot-5-1-a.html)

chuckster 01-26-2007 12:20 PM

Please Confirm Cartek Fluid DOT 5 or DOT 5.1

This is really pissing me off.. Some people are saying DOT5 and others DOT5.1
Their Website says DOT 5

They are Totally incompatable... Additionally I spoke to Dave and he said they actually Use NEO... that is Super DOT 610

So what is it?

I bought a bottle of Neo for my clutch install in case the installer needed more after adding the Remote Clutch Bleeder line..

I am now scared that I have Neo and DOT 5 (Silicone) mixed.. :bang:

Can somebody confirm without a shadow of a doubt that NO SILICONE based fluid is used in their prefilled Adjustable Master and Slave setup?

peterock98 01-26-2007 04:03 PM

The Neo-synthetic Super Dot 610 Is The Right One.i Would Not Mix Dot 5 With The Neo.

chuckster 01-28-2007 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by peterock98
The Neo-synthetic Super Dot 610 Is The Right One.i Would Not Mix Dot 5 With The Neo.

Thanks but I think you misunderstood... What does Cartek Pre-Fill their Master/Slave with?

Their Website says DOT5.. I am most certain that is Incorrect.. I have never heard of a clutch using DOT 5 (Silicone Based)..

chuckster 01-29-2007 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by chuckster
Thanks but I think you misunderstood... What does Cartek Pre-Fill their Master/Slave with?

Their Website says DOT5.. I am most certain that is Incorrect.. I have never heard of a clutch using DOT 5 (Silicone Based)..

Anyone Else? :(

DONAIMIAN 01-29-2007 11:08 PM

Best thing to do is give them a call man. You can always just flush whats in there.

silverZ98 01-30-2007 09:04 AM

ive used dot 5 non Silicone Based in mine, now im running the willward hi temp brake fluid. and when i called the mthey told me its none Silicone Based, been running this stuff for along time no problems

WS6TransAm01 01-30-2007 09:09 AM

CARTEK prefers to use NEO in their clutches, and will almost always prefill it with it.

chuckster 01-30-2007 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
CARTEK prefers to use NEO in their clutches, and will almost always prefill it with it.

That is precisely the answer I wanted to hear.. Neo Super DOT 610 is what I bought to add more in case the installer needed after he added the remote bleeder line..

Dave told me he though it was NEO... but the the problem is the Cartek Website says...

"Pre-bled modified hydraulics with DOT5 master with adjustable pedal rod and slave"

Just wanted to verify... :judge:

Neo exceeds 5.1 and is NOT Dot5 and this potentially could really screw things up for someone who took the website info literally..

dailydriver 01-30-2007 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by chuckster
That is precisely the answer I wanted to hear.. Neo Super DOT 610 is what I bought to add more in case the installer needed after he added the remote bleeder line..

Dave told me he though it was NEO... but the the problem is the Cartek Website says...

"Pre-bled modified hydraulics with DOT5 master with adjustable pedal rod and slave"

Just wanted to verify... :judge:

Neo exceeds 5.1 and is NOT Dot5 and this potentially could really screw things up for someone who took the website info literally..

This (the Neo 610) is what they pre fill their masters with. It is actually a "super grade" DOT 4 that yes, does exceed the 5.1 specs (just like Castrol SRF, Motul RBF 600, GS 610, etc.).