Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

wtf is wrong with my tranny

Old 02-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf is wrong with my tranny

i broke my rear end a while ago and whenever it brk it brk something in the transmission. heres the problem when ever im at a dead stop and try and go into first it wont go in if i take it out and try again it goes right in EVERYTIME! also if im racing the tranny feels notchy and if im powershiftin it wont go into 3rd gear
also if im downshiftin i cant downshift to second at any speed. what is wrong here?!?!

i knw its not hydraluic related cus ive bleed the whole system and both the master and slave are already updated.

thanks for the help
Old 02-02-2007, 04:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be blocker ring related, fork pad related or key related. To hard to give you an accurate answer until you tear into it. Most of the time a broken rear will cause a mainshaft or tailshaft housing issue from what we have seen. You don't sound like that is the case with yours. I think it is just worn and unfortunantly now that the rear went it made the ugly tranny monster show. Time for a rebuild and upgraded parts!

Thanks,
Amber
Old 02-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Banned

thanks amber ya i talked to u on the fone now it should be gettin fixed under warranty now i will keep u posted on the status
Old 02-04-2007, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

A buddy of mine had that happen to him and had to rebuild. He couldn't shift into 3rd after breaking his rear end. I don't know what had broken but it only cost him about $200 to fix.

Not to hijack this thread but what does a blocker ring do? My 3rd gear pops out when daily driving. I was told it was most likely a blocker ring. How much does that cost to replace?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wtf is wrong with my tranny