Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch change, what pieces and parts do i need.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch change, what pieces and parts do i need.

So i'm thinking of changing my clutch to an LS7 (a lot of sponsors have them on sale right now), and i was wondering what pieces and parts i need to change. I know i'm changing the clutch disk, flywheel, and pressure plate. I'm also changing the slave and the clutch master cyl (are these two items that are sold on ByUnspeed the updated versions, as in '00-'02?). Also what other things do i need? clutch pilot bearing? input shaft bushing? my car is a '99 z28.

thanks
Old 02-14-2007, 05:30 AM
11 Second Club

hey i just finished changing my clutch !!! i bought a spec stage 3+ from thunderracing.com and its great!!!!!

well i recommend u check first of all all your transmission bolts , flywheel bolts , clutch bolts so that they are not worn.. be best if you can change them for new ones, trust me its worth it.. then, i also suggest that once your clutch and transmission are down, check ur rear main seal to see for any leaks!! try cleaning all parts with brake cleaners and degreasers. would suggest changing ur rear main seal now that your there. the most common like u say would be changing your slave since your there also.. more than likely, your pilot bushing is worn and should replace it. your throw-out bearing too.. don't forget to change your flywheel or to resurface it at least. i would throw in a energy suspension tranny mount also ..a mcleod master cylinder would be great.. pretty much about it .. help me out guys if i left anything out..

on the slave cylinder, i would recommend a 2001-2002 slave cylinder its a great upgrade for the 98-99 ls1 slave cylinders.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i was planning on buying from byunspeed. are the parts that they list (slave and master cly) the updated, '00-'02 models? any hlep would be appreciated.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone? help would be appreciated.