Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

help!!! clutch pedal not pushing

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!! clutch pedal not pushing

okay, so i did a spec stage 3+ clutch saturday night. we got everything back together and the clutch wouldnt move. i noticed a little fluid leaking from the slave so i replaced it with another. bled the system and when i went to push in the clutch it bent the rod going from the pedal to the master(90 degree angle). so now i have the new master and about to put it on, but i was wondering what would cause this? maybe the clutch fork out of place? has anyone had this problem or know what it could be?
thanks, mike.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Teching In

anyone have any ideas? throw something out there, its more than what i have to go on now.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Teching In

well man dont know for sure but somthing simular happend to me....I just put a spec three in last weekend and my pedal wouldnt move an inch it was like the clutch was the brake pedal ...turned out on mine that were the slave connection is on the side of the transmision wasnt all the way in it looked like and felt like it was but it was not....pulled it out and put it back in and worked fine...it was simple fix and im glad this prob wont help ya....good luck man
Old 02-20-2007, 04:31 PM
FormerVendor

The fact that you bent a Master rod is a little strange. The only thing that comes to mind as a cause for both of these issues is a Master that is no longer passing fluid down-stream through the hydraulic assembly. A new Master may very well be the solution to you problem.

Of course, checking your connections and lines, as discussed above, is worth doing too. Make sure they are in good shape and let me know what you find.