Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Another WOT shifting problem, but not the same...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Another WOT shifting problem, but not the same...

Alright guys, I just had a new clutch put in, and also replaced the salve while I was in there. Now that I have did the whole break in procedure I wanted to try it out. So I was going to make a run through the gears. Start in 1st punch it grab second bark the tires(I have DR's so no uncontrollable spinning ), go to hit 3rd let off clutch and punch it, hit the limiter Thought maybe I jsut missed a gear, so i repeat said process again with the same results. Well I end up just cruising along and put it into 3rd and romping on it and go to hit fourth and jsut like 3rd. Its like I hit a brick wall. I havent done the drill mod, and I'm pretty sure that should solve this, but like I said its not the same as all the other posts. Most posts I have read about not being able to get into gear at WOT includes the clutch pedal sticking to the floor. Well my clutch pedal has never once stuck to the floor, and actually is a little bit stiffer than what I think should be normal. So everyone just agree that I should just do the drill mod?
Old 03-01-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What kinda power are you putting down? Which clutch did you get?

Yes, do the drill mod. It's a pretty big restriction. I had/have the same problem and I think it might be the pressure plate that needs replacing. I guess it's just not disengaging. Also bleed the hydrualics to make sure theres no air in there.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the same problem for months now...I thought it was the new clutch I put in.( still might be it)..I put in a new slave, master,drill mod, now I'm going to t56 for a rebuild...They said it sounded like a blocker ring..I know the feeling on hitting a brick wall...I can hit 1,2 wot, but try 2,3 or 3,4 and I have to back off the throttle...It'll shift all day at 5800, but anything over that and brick wall city....
Old 03-02-2007, 07:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Xtnct00WS6
What kinda power are you putting down? Which clutch did you get?

Yes, do the drill mod. It's a pretty big restriction. I had/have the same problem and I think it might be the pressure plate that needs replacing. I guess it's just not disengaging. Also bleed the hydrualics to make sure theres no air in there.
I'm only putting down around 340, and I have a SPEC 2+. I dont think it could be the clutch not disengaging because it hooks like mad. I'm going to bleed the system today when I do the drill mod. But I dont think it could be air in the system because the clutch isnt spongy at all and is on the stiffer side. Thanks for the input guys!
Old 03-04-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Addict

All right guys I just replaced the master cylinder and bled the system with a mityvac(no air at all) and its still doing the same thing. Except it seems likes it sarting to do it when just cruising around now, gah. Any one ahve any ideas? Maybe somthing wrong with the pressure palte?

Quick Reply: Another WOT shifting problem, but not the same...