Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

no fluid in hydrolic resivore?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no fluid in hydrolic resivore?

I just put some in 4 weeks ago, I have since only put 40 miles on here. I took the car out to wash it and go for a spin, and I noticed the clutch pedal felt really soft. I popped the hood and checked the resivore and it was almost empty. I topped her off and it is runnign good now.

My question is do I need a new slave or master? or where to check. slave and master are stock and don't have the drill mod yet. Was soing to do it this weekend but now I don't think that it will solve this problem. The t-56 has been nothing but problems.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a leak somewhere...start below the reservoir, and work down from there. Pray that it isn't somewhere inside the bell housing with the slave, because taking the transmission out to get to it is a PITA.

Mine did that once when my bleeder wasn't tightened all the way.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats is what I am thinking, and just praying it is not the slave. I don't have any leaks under the car, or spotting.

The tranny has already been out 2 in the last 6 months. 1 for the clutch, and the 2 to fix the problem with spec. This is getting expensive as I have no where to do this at.