Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch "POPS" up after 3/4 disengagement

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Clutch "POPS" up after 3/4 disengagement

Hey guys, took out the Camaro, as background, i recently bought the car and drove it back over 500 miles with no issue. Anyways today i got on it a little after the car was warmed up and all and the clutch pedal felt a lil bit funny. Then when I was rounding my street, the pedal would disengage, and then almost pop up after (from the 3/4-full disengagement point), is it the slave or the hyd? The car wasnt really used for about a week and it has been f'n cold. I haven't taken it out for another trip(prob will tomorrow)
Old 03-08-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

anyone? was it just overheated?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

it sounds like air to me???
Old 03-09-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

feels like it could be, it would pop witha lot of force, almost like it was slapping the bottom of my shoe! Im gonna rake it for another ride today, but anymore suggestions? at this point i figure i should bleed the system at least
Old 03-09-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check fluid level first.

If the fluid is really dirty, get it out using a turkey baster or some shop towels to soak it up and replace with new fluid. Drive it around and see if it gets dirty again. It may take a bit of driving for this to happen but depending on the condition of the master, the seals may be going.

If fluid is missing, it's going somewhere. If it's coming out the slave then you will notice fluid coming out the bottom of the transmission. There is a slit there to allow fluid to come out.

If the master is going, it's a bit harder to find the drip if it is leaking.

The master is the easier part to replace, the slave requires you remove the transmission first.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

I think the air idea may be right, i checked fluid and it was about right and a bit dark, anyways, took the car out for a decent ride, clutch felt ok. I might do a quick flush to kill any air if it is the problem, Ill keep you guys posted