Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ram Powergrip or Powergrip HD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 06:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ram Powergrip or Powergrip HD?

First off if this would be better off in the LT1 section, it would be great if a mod could move it there for me. Pretty soon I will be picking up a new clutch for my 1997 Camaro Z28 as my stock one is starting to slip very badly. Currently my car only has mild bolt-ons and stock gears, however it is planned to have about 400 RWHP with 4.10 gearing, possibly within the lifetime of the clutch. In a nutshell I am looking for a clutch that is streetable and has little to no chatter (I don't really care reguardless if I can prevent excessive chatter through reasonable changes in driving habits), but will also work well in the future. The car is mostly street driven, but will be making some trips to the track as well. At this point I am looking mainly at the plain powergrip because it seems to fit my application the best. From what I have heard elsewhere the HD may chatter A LOT with my 3.42s. Before I buy anything I just wanted to see if any of you around here had experience with either clutch in a car with stock gearing. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody? Not tryin to seem impatient but I thought at least somebody would have an idea.