Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just installed new clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed new clutch

I installed my new LS7 clutch about 2000 miles ago. Well on the way back from the track.( Didnt run my car that night). But on the way back I was playing with my brothers Formula. Well just right down the street from my house I slow down and out it in 2nd and when I released the clutch it threw it out of gear. And some times it does it in 4th as well. But once it is in gear I can bring the revs up and it dont pop out. Only some times going in gear and releasing the clutch. But my setup is a LS7 clutch with a Mcloud Adjustable Master Cylinder and a Pro 5.0 shifter. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not that I'm trying to scare you, but my brothers and mine both started popping out of third not too long before both trannies took a dive. The synchros went on both and they had to be rebuilt. For us, it was a sort of sypmtom that the tranny was on its way out. I'm not a tech, though, just giving you my and my brother's experiences. Someone else might have more information or a different cause. Good luck with it!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Well its weird that 2nd gear would do it. I have missed third a couple of times but I was thinking if it was a sign of the transmission messing up than wouldnt third be the first to act up.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are symptoms of a bent shift fork, worn pads and/or worn synchros. Bottom line, the condition is internal to th transmission... won't be related to the clutch.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear, but I hope that helps.

g
Old 10-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Staging Lane

Ok I fixed the car today. I checked the transmission fluid it was ok. I adjusted the master cylinder out 1 inch. Adjusted my stop bolts on my shifter and bled the system again and everything is fine now. It dont pop out of gear now.