Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

trouble with clutch, help me out.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default trouble with clutch, help me out.

My clutch is giving me problems. I know I make too much power for my stock clutch. I drive my car pretty easy and don't run it hard often at all. I've had the cam in it for over a couple months and the clutch gave me no problems except for slipping if i got on it hard. All of a sudden the other day i was at a stop sign, depressed my pedal and the couldn't put the car in first. i let off the pedal and it sat on the floorboard. I pumped the pedal a few times and it got pressure back into it. I parked the car and just drove it around the block to see what was up with it.
there is like 3 in. of play in the pedal now and it engages really really close to the floor now. I checked my fluid levels cuz i thought it was a leak, but the level is fine and hasnt gone down. I think it might be my slave cylinder, but I'm not sure. I'm sure this happened to other people on here so i'm looking for advice. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try giving it a good bleed, if that doesn't work then I'd just get a whole new clutch assembly because you already know it wont hold your power.