Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stupid question, using a mityvac to bleed clutch

Old 10-14-2007, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stupid question, using a mityvac to bleed clutch

I've been doing a lot of reading and searching, and I am still a little confused about using a mityvac to bleed the clutch. I bought a mityvac yesterday.

Are you supposed to jam the line into the hole in the bottom of the reservoir and pump? Some say have some fresh fluid in the mityvac reservoir. Is this a circulating system? The cap for the mityvac reservoir has two nipples, am I connecting hoses to them, so the mityvac will pull out old fluid and send it to the bottle, while at the same time pulling the fresh fluid from the bottle back into the reservoir?

Old 10-15-2007, 12:38 AM
12 Second Club

Anyone?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Junkie

you have to fill the fluid in the extra resivoir to create a vac. Jam the line down in the whole, raise the vac to 10-12, give a couple quick pedal pushes, you should see bubbles coming up. take line out top off fluid as it will get pushed into the resivoir, go drive come back and do it again, or wait a day and do it again.

This did pretty good for me, and clutch felt 5X better. I wouldn't reccomend going past 12 on the vac.

good luck it is really easy once you get into it.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, I've read that anything over 12 will risk the seals on the master or slave cyl.

Thanks man, I figured it out after I read your post.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
you have to fill the fluid in the extra resivoir to create a vac. Jam the line down in the whole, raise the vac to 10-12, give a couple quick pedal pushes, you should see bubbles coming up. take line out top off fluid as it will get pushed into the resivoir, go drive come back and do it again, or wait a day and do it again.

This did pretty good for me, and clutch felt 5X better. I wouldn't reccomend going past 12 on the vac.

good luck it is really easy once you get into it.
Yup, this is what I did, took a bit more than a couple pumps though. I pumped and pumped until I didn't get anymore bubbles.

Don't go past 12-15 though. You can damage the master cylinder seals.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stupid question, using a mityvac to bleed clutch