Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

tex twin and triple disc owners what power are you putting thru it ,etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default tex twin and triple disc owners what power are you putting thru it ,etc.

I have twin disc with about 2000 miles on it .Car was just put away for winter. Clutch was doing ok but only running maybe 420 engine hp right now my aps twins are not installed. I am going to 408 ,afr 225, etc and planning on 850rwhp with possibly 1000rwhp with nitrous.
I thought my twin would stand up to this power but Peter at APS said they went thru two tex twins and he is not using them again. I could possibly sell my new twin and go for the triple. Also besides wondering what power you gusy are putting thru your tex twin or triple would like to know if you are running the standard metallic discs. I was went some carbon /kevlar more street disc to try out as wasn't totally happy with my standard tex disc buts LOBOOST with aps twin gto said the street discs in his twin would not stand up to the power around 800rwhp or so in his car. He went to triple but not sure if street or standard metallic discs.
So twin and triple tex guys lets here from you .I need to figure out what I am doing by next spring. If can't get a clutch to handle the power and my car is 99% street car then will go to auto and forget about this manual stuff for good.