Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help on textralia engagement

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help on textralia engagement

I did a search but didn't get much of a straight forward answer. I installed an oz700 and new slave cylinder. I had a ram (pos) with a shim and pedal was right at the top and I can't really remember what stock felt like. So my question is that my pedal is really soft and engages about an inch off the floor. I had a guy pump the pedal alot and then I cracked it open and then shut... about 3-4 times and it goes in all the gears fine. I havn't ripped it yet but does this sound normal or do I have an issue that needs to be addressed before somethin else gets f'd up. Will the peddle eventually raise or no? Or is it fine and i'm just not used to it yet? Also I bled with the master cylinder cap off. Don't know if that makes a difference. I thought the cap was supposed to be on but someone else said not.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:28 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you want the pedal to fully engaged roughly around the brake pedal, and no you don't want the pedal that low
Old 11-20-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default ddd

Seems to me w/ cap off master cyl, there won't be any vacum in the master to help pull the fluid back into the master after releasing the pedal. But I could be wrong.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Id try bleeding it again with the boot and cap on the master resivor.

Quick Reply: Help on textralia engagement