Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help on clutch swap

Old 11-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on clutch swap

I have a Spec Stage 3 clutch (X pad, or whatever they called the design back then) in my car for the past 2 years. It has completely worn out so im in the middle of taking it out. I’m putting in a new LS7 clutch with the LS2 Flywheel, new Slave, and a new pilot bearing. My question is. Behind the Slave there was a metal pad with two indention in it that line up with the bolts when you bolt up the slave to the transmission, it goes inbetween the slave and the transmission. Do I put this metal piece back on with the new slave / LS7 clutch ? Or was this just with the Spec Stage 3 clutch. If I remember correctly, this metal piece came with the Spec Stage 3 clutch to give more pedal pressure or raise the high of the pedal with the use of the spec stage 3 clutch. Will I need to reinstall this metal piece with me new clutch setup ?

Thanks

The metal pad im talking about between the slave and the trans is the SHIM that comes with the Spec stage 3.

Last edited by Camaroguy; 11-24-2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that metal thing you are referring to is the spacer that you have to run with the spec but you should not run it with the LS7.

Search this Thread