Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tick master question

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tick master question

Hey guys, I've had the tick master in my car a few months and can't figure out how to finish bleeding it. I've bled it under the car and with the mityvac, and I still have play at the top of the pedal, and the clutch still gets spongy at wot. I read on the sticky that pumping the top portion of the pedal will fix that when bleeding. Does that mean only bleed that part of the pedal or pump that part of the pedal after bleeding? Kind of stuck here it seems.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dunno if this helps, but I had heck of time doing the same with my S10 (2.2L). The trick was to bleed it fast. I did it with two people, but it is much better with three. One to work the pedal, one to keep the MC topped up, and you at the bottom to release the bleeder screw and say when to release the clutch.

I believe the issue is that the air races up, away from the bleeder screw, so you have to be faster than the air bubbles. Once I achieved this, the pedal has no dead play. I just sat in my friend's 2015 Mustang, and was surprised by how much dead play it has considering the low mileage.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Try only pumping the top of the pedal, "where the dead spot is).
Old 03-14-2017, 03:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I'll try bleeding again. I had my wife helping me this past weekend and at one point while we were bleeding she said it felt right and I went ahead and did it one more time just in case and after that she said the play was back..I guess we should've stopped there lol

Quick Reply: Tick master question