Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help Me Plz! Dd Acting Up!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me Plz! Dd Acting Up!

my 01 ws6 is my DD and it is acting funny, 2 days ago i took it out for a blast just cruised around didnt beat on it or anything just usual driving, came home and parked the car. it ran fun no hesitations no nothing, everything was perfect. last night i was running late and had to go to class so i hopped in my car and when i pushed the clutch it felt funny but i didnt think anything of it so i fired my car. it was barely staying on and trying to shut off on me and was running like crap. i figured it was just because it was below 0 with wind chill, so i waited until today wheres its in the 30s, clutch still feels really weird and when i start the car it smells like something is burning but i cant make out the smell. i press the clutch to the floor and try to put it in gear but it wont let it, its like either the clutch isnt working at all or im locked out of all gears. i checked my fluid level in resivoir its just barely below full. what can this be?!
Old 01-04-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

the clutch feels weird as in squishier btw
Old 01-04-2008, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately sounds like hydrolics, look under the car & see if you can see any fluid around the trans housing, bottom side.. Might be where your burnt smell is coming from, possibily a leaking slave cylinder, they are known for it.

-Mike
Old 01-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea could be your slave took a dump on you, then again it wont hurt to try and bleed it!, but something must have went wrong for this to happen
Old 01-04-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

well noyzee told me to start it up and let it run for a while and when i did this it started running fine again after a half hour. so we established there was moisture in the line that had froze. now to bleed the system lol. still dont know about the smell though =( dont see any leaks or anything on the casing

Quick Reply: Help Me Plz! Dd Acting Up!