Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

sticky trans

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sticky trans

got a 6 speed out of a 2000 ta when i try to shift it into gear it usually wont go but sometimes i can force it to slip into one other time it just stays stuck in a gear and when i let off the clutch to get the car moving it whines real bad any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 01-10-2008, 09:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What clutch are you using?

How Many Miles on the clutch and hydraulics?

Have you changed the transmission fluid?

Let me know and I will see if I can help.

Amber
Old 01-10-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds to me like with the master cylinder is starting to go or the clutch may be on its last leg...
Old 01-10-2008, 05:46 PM
12 Second Club

its an almost brand new clutch zex full kevlar haas about 10000 miles on it. slave is new. had to change both slave and clutch after a 3rd to 2nd downshift at 112. it was bad thee was pressure plate balloonage lol. but i had to have the tranny rebuilt because after that second and third syncs were pretty much out and it got completely stuck in first gear. i took it to a place to have them remove the tranny so i could send it to the old t56 rebuilds but instead they rebuilt it without my knowledge with stock parts cost me $1673.50( i'll never forget that amount, cause its a ******* rip off compared to what i could have had done by what is now 6 speed inc). the guy said the reason it was stuck in gear was because a roll pin that helps it select gears or something fell out and got stuck in there, idk cause ive never messed with a manual tranny before so i paid it like a dummy cause i needed the car and guess what, within a year its fd up again. said i had to many miles on it wouldnt uphold the warranty. browns transmission in newark ohio can go to hell, no one take anything there, ever. but thats pretty much it. has stock master and i havent drilled it. when i used to be able to get on it the clutch pedal would stick to the floor and id have to pull it back up and pump it but i dont think that has anything to do with my problem, or does it? lol but seriously any help guys would be excellent id be in ur dept. thanks in advance
Old 01-10-2008, 06:44 PM
FormerVendor

I would start with the drill mod. Since the slave is new but the master isn't you might want to replace the master. Change the transmission fluid and if neither fixes it I hate to say it but it could be a synchro isses. Start with the simple things and cross your fingers. Let me know if I can help.

Amber
Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 PM
12 Second Club

i know this has probably been asked to death on here but how exatly do i do the drill mod, and thanks for the help amber i will work on these and keep the post up
Old 01-10-2008, 06:58 PM
FormerVendor

www.installuniversity.com should give you the instructions. They had it on there forever.

Amber
Old 01-10-2008, 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

thanks