Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T5 Transmission Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T5 Transmission Removal

I'm having trouble removing the manual transmission on my 3.8L. I was under the impression that I could remove the transmission without removing the bell housing, but the transmission won't separate more than about an inch. It seems to be binding on the clutch slave cylinder, and after a lot of man-handling, I feel like the bell housing needs to come off with it. I have searched quite a bit, but I can't find information relating to my specific situation. I have removed all wiring harnesses, brackets, and mounts. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Banned

It will come out from unbolting it from the bellhousing . Its probably stuck in the pilot bearing . I would definately check the tip on the input shaft for wear and replace the pilot bearing as well .
Old 03-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Will do. I still can't get the transmission off though. My buddy and I pryed, hammered and jerked on it, but it still won't separate more than about an inch from the bellhousing. We also tried lowering and raising it while pulling. I even started to unbolt the bell housing from the motor, but I need more tools. At least I'm getting a good lesson in patience.

Quick Reply: T5 Transmission Removal