Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

master cylinder, throwout bearing or something else wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default master cylinder, throwout bearing or something else wrong?

well tonight after leaving a car wash i let off the clutch to leave and hear a thud then the clutch pedal was hard and i heard the typical dreaded sound of the throwout bearing noise. i turn the car off and wait for a buddy. i pop the hood and damn it im low on clutch fluid when i just checked it a few days ago. so i go to start it for the tow home and her another thud and now my clutch pedal has nothing there. just drops straight to the floor. i replaced the slave cylinder and then found out i snapped the pushrod that connects to the clutch pedal and the master cylinder. my question is....is there anything else that could cause the clutch pedal to get that hard besides the slave/master cylinder? i really dont wanna have to pull the tranny
Old 03-17-2008, 10:22 AM
12 Second Club

Yah your pressure plate could have locked up. That would make it hard enough to were you bend that rod I guess. It happend to me and then when I went to push the clutch in I blew the fingers up on the pressure plate. This was right after a new master and slave install with the drill mod. In my case I dont think the stock pressure plate could take the abuse from the drill mod. Unfortunatley the only thing I could think of for you is to replace the master and if the clutch is still hard pull the trans and check the pressure plate. If you have access to a lift its not hard at all to drop the trans. I hope this helps you out. Good luck, I know how hard it is to find the cause of these kinds of problems.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:25 PM
12 Second Club

clutch master cylinder will be here tommorow hopfully i dont have to yank the trans