Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need clutch help... hydraulics aren't releasing the clutch at high rpms...

Old 05-04-2008, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need clutch help... hydraulics aren't releasing the clutch at high rpms...

Took the car to the track last night (cam only car w/ 4.56 9 inch, built t56 and a centerforce clutch.) Im not exactly sure what clutch hydraulics the car does have in it (they seem to function fine, clutch pedal never sticks to the floor) and I did the drill mod hoping that would solve my problem, but it didnt. Anyways, while I was racing last night the car was not shifting at the top of the rpms ~65-6800.

Does anyone make an aftermarket slave cylinder that works well. If not what should I do? Im losing so much time between shifts its not even funny. A few have suggested the 02 hydraulics, but I just dont wanna spend time pulling a transmission out if thats just gonna halfway cure the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Like I said Im looking for all the possible solutions so please no hating, just constructive advice (if the 02 hydraulics are the only solution so be it, but I figured Id do it right the first time).
Old 05-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Restricted User

The '02 slave is really good and completely fixed my problem.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

what kinda problems were u having? like at higher rpms and stuff?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

dud i'd posted so many regarding this issue. I've had a centerforce clutch and I could not shift 5500 rpms. I bought there fw for balancing purposes and get an adjustable master cylinder it works and will give you total clutch disengadgment.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

the adjustable master gives you the ability to fully disengage? I was always under the impression that an adj. master was purely to limit pedal travel. What brand master did you buy?

Search this Thread