Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

slp flywheel? and clutch?

Old 05-31-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default slp flywheel? and clutch?

Ok so I have a SLP billet steel flywheel installed. When I put a new clutch in can it be resurfaced like the stock one?

On to the clutch question, so all LT1 clutch kits supposedly have the LT4 pressure plate. Can I reuse the pressure plate then and just buy the clutch disc I want to run?

I also need a recommendation on a clutch, hoping to make 350rwhp off the bottle, 550rwhp on. I don't foresee running anything more than drag radials on it, and thats when I magically find the funds to replace the 10 bolt, so car probably won't be hooking very hard.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you can resurface the flywheel. No you shouldn't re-use the pressure plate. It has a wear surface too and should be replaced. My power levels are similar to yours and I'm running a Spec 3+. That's one of several choices available--but maybe not the most popular right now. Others will chime in with their recommendations.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^Thanks.
Anybody else have a clutch recommendation? It really shouldn't cost a arm and a leg as there is def. a limit as to what I can afford as I make $10/hr.
Want something that will take the power/abuse though.

Search this Thread