Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

i need a t56 rebuild. 3rd grinds all to hell

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 07:12 AM
DCx
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default i need a t56 rebuild. 3rd grinds all to hell

well after sinking much money into my 69 camaro i have to spend more on my busted second hand t56 i thought i got a deal on. 3rd gear grinds like a bitch when i down shift or up shift to it. second is a bit tough to get into and i find myself searching for 6th a lot.

so, can i conclude that my trans has obvious wear and its taking its toll on all my gears?

i live in southern california (san bernardino) and would like to know some options on getting a rebuild. I would like to have it done and re-installed some time before mid september. i was going to look into sixspeedsinc but i have no idea if i can ups a t56 or if i need freight. also, its a major bitch to pull it out from under a classic chassis. i may have to pull the entire engine out to get to it.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Time for a rebuild.

Call SixSpeeds Inc and ask for Amber; they handle all the freight for you. You simply buy a 45 quart container from WalMart, package the tranny inside (pack it well so it doesn't move nor touch any side, top or bottom) and they will send the freight company to pick it up. They have a quick turn around right now, I want to say 3-5 days to get there via freight, 3 days for the work (depending of course on what's wrong) then 3-5 days back to you.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd love to help you, but I'm on the right coast.. (as opposed to the left one, not the wrong one... ;-) )