Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

ls1 t56 into a lt1 a4 car

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 t56 into a lt1 a4 car

I currently swapped a ls1 and t56 into my old lt1 a4 car. Im having a problem with the car not starting. Turn the key and nothing. All the gauges and everything works like normal fuel pump primes and ect. I havent touched any of the old a4 under console shifter wiring. Im guess I need to bypass the neutral saftey switch to get it to start. Any suggestions would be good. Anyone have a picture of the under console harness that the plugs are labeled? Main question I have is there a way I can bypass the neutral safty switch, by tieing the two wires together. And later I will hook it up the the clutch pedal?
Old 08-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Banned

Yeah definately sounds like a neutral safety switch issue . I am not a F body guy but the same thing applies when doing an auto to standard swap on the Mustangs .
Old 08-02-2008, 12:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by blazin
Main question I have is there a way I can bypass the neutral safty switch, by tieing the two wires together. And later I will hook it up the the clutch pedal?
Yes there is.. it worked for me anyways.. I ran a 10ga Wire from the Ignition Switch Start Wire directly to the Start Wire where it meets under the Glove Box there on the passenger side. I haven't had a problem with it not starting. I just re-built the Harness and rewired the Interior for the T56 Swap as well, and everything still works fine.

Kepp in mind though this way has NO N/S Switch.. I don't have anything wired up to my Clutch Petal, no need IMO and it's a pain in the *** to install cause the Wires are different between the LT1/LS1 Cars.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got it running just the tach and speedo are pry gonna be way off.

Quick Reply: ls1 t56 into a lt1 a4 car