Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

car wont start, dunno where to turn

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car wont start, dunno where to turn

hey guys this could be one of many things but i just swapped and now the car turns over but wont fire. also the turn signals are dimley lit when ignition is on, i think i saw another dummy light but just barely lit like there is a ground issue. there is one black connector i couldnt find a place for, it has a pink, gray, black w/ white, purple w/white, and brown w/white wires. i have wires run to my clutch switch and they are correct cuz when i push the button(its not on the pedals right now) only then the car will start to turn over. it almost acts like its not getting fuel. i did change injectors but i tried to start several times and nothing...any help is appreciated guys im over here
Old 08-19-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If the car turns over when the switch is pressued, then that part is OK. What injectors did you have previously & which did you change to? Sounds to me like there is a compatability issue w/ the injectors. The dim light...etc., is probably a wiring issue, maybe a ground. I just don't see where you would have been messing w/ any important PCM grounds during the swap.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

i dont either, all the wires are connected on the steering column except the one i explained which is by the two connectors for the cigarette outlet things. also None of the guagues work..looks like im not getting spark...there enough gas in it so i dunno.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

I can't find my wiring book. So, there are 3 connectors that need to be plugged into the T-56. Should be 3 grounds on the back of the passenger side head. You need a wiring schematic in order to find where the issue is. I will look some more, but, hopefully someone can post one before then. Can also buy a manual @ an auto parts store.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:10 PM
12 Second Club

i decided to take the intake off to double check my grounds, on the drivers side there was one ground off! so thankfully that was it, guess that ground controls the IP and the spark cuz that fixed my no guages prob and no start. it runs rough now though i think i have to switch back to stock injectors. thanks a ton for your input man, its nice to have an extra mind on the problem especially a familiar mind for the prob.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Glad to see you found it. I know how much it sucks to have wiring trouble.

Quick Reply: car wont start, dunno where to turn