Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

1997 TA 6Spd Transmission

Old 09-05-2008, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 TA 6Spd Transmission

I have a couple of questions for the people who have removed there transmission for one reason or another. I am replacing my clutch so the fun has started

1. How many bolts are there bolting the transmission to the bellhousing?
2. How and What did you use to get to the bolts that are way up top? I can not get my dang hands up there.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, I have the tranny free from the bell housing. I can not get the SOB to pull out. I have a Tranny Jack and I have wiggled, jacked up, jacked down, pulled, pushed. I have tried everything to get the input shaft to come free. It has slid back a little bit, just enough for me to see inside. It seems like its stuck, or catching on something. Any advice?
Old 09-09-2008, 06:12 PM
12 Second Club

Not being a smart butt but all the bolts are all the way out laying on the floor? make sure it is not hanging up around the shifter area. Mine was a little hard but I stuck a big screw driver in and pried it a little. Risky because I could have broke something. make sure it is in gear and wiggle tail shaft while trying to pull back and shake up and down. I also had help(not enough hands since I was using a floor jack)
Old 09-09-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got it, it was just stuck in there good. A little more wobble and she came lose. I got the new clutch in. And now Im done for the night, tranny kept slipping off the POS Tranny Jack and squashing my hands trying to put it back in. I got to the point of throwing ****, and I new if I didn't stop then I would end up breaking something . Ill finish up tomorrow when I will have an extra set of hands to help me.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Good, glad you got it.

I've thrown plenty of things..time to take a break..lol
Old 09-11-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So, Since I had the car in the Air I just went and spent 700$ on Gauges for the Car

Search this Thread