Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

ls7 Clutch kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:57 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 52172
how much rwhp will the ls7 reliably hold?
Not what your car is putting down

I had over 650 on spray with mine and the LS7 clutch never complained one bit. Shot the car NUMEROUS times in the highway and at the track.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
How did you manage to get a dealer to sell it to you that cheap??
Its minus bolts,but I don't think bolts cost 120.or so more.they're not a sponsor,but 1 hell'av deal.

Last edited by brad8266; 10-06-2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Sponsor controversey
Old 10-05-2008, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

I have the ls7 clutch and it was great up until i got motor work done and now with the power that i make and what my car ways it has started to slip... now i bought a spec 3+ and i love it
Old 10-06-2008, 09:07 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnydje
Its minus bolts,but I don't think bolts cost 120.or so more.they're not a sponsor,but 1 hell'av deal.
Something is shady with your deal, that's cheaper than dealer price

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Last edited by brad8266; 10-06-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
Something is shady with your deal, that's cheaper than dealer price
nothing shady;its from a dealer‚so your saying nobody can sell it for that price?we'll I thank them;before you say its not a ls7 clutch already checked

Last edited by brad8266; 10-06-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

I'm needing a new clutch as well; but what's the problem(s) that I'm reading about? I didn't know that a GM clutch could be the cause of a GM slave cylinder failure?! Am I that naive? [Please don't answer that]LOL!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was the 2nd person to do the ls7 conversion on my ls1and i still love it. I have almost 39k hard hard speed shifting miles and a few 1.6 60ft's and its still strong!!! My car has had 413whp 37k of those 39k miles and b4 that i had 355whp. I love this clutch. byunspeed is known to price match anyone and give free shipping
Old 10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

nothing shady;its from a dealer‚so your saying nobody can sell it for that price?we'll I thank them;before you say its not a ls7 clutch already checked
Maybe you got an LS6 clutch etc. Dealer cost is not even under $400 for the clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel. I'm not saying they can't sell it for the price you claim, but something somewhere is shady because the dealer pays much more than that for the parts and there is no way around that plain and simple. You shouldn't mention what we can do with our price because of what you believe to be true when you don't really know.

If anyone wants a genuine LS7 clutch kit that is complete with the new bolts and all for one of the best prices you will find anywhere, feel free to shoot me a pm or give me a call. Beware of offers that seem too good to be true, I guarantee you'll find out that they probably really are too good to be true. There is a reason we are known as a great place to find the kit for a great deal, so if anyone is interested and has any questions let me know!

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 10-06-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

I got my LS7 clutch kit from SDPC and I love it. Great people to work with; you won't be dissapointed.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you got an LS6 clutch etc. Dealer cost is not even under $400 for the clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel. I'm not saying they can't sell it for the price you claim, but something somewhere is shady because the dealer pays much more than that for the parts and there is no way around that plain and simple. You shouldn't mention what we can do with our price because of what you believe to be true when you don't really know.

If anyone wants a genuine LS7 clutch kit that is complete with the new bolts and all for one of the best prices you will find anywhere, feel free to shoot me a pm or give me a call. Beware of offers that seem too good to be true, I guarantee you'll find out that they probably really are too good to be true. There is a reason we are known as a great place to find the kit for a great deal, so if anyone is interested and has any questions let me know!
Knowing the right people can help. Without anything shady going on at all, I managed to get a brand new LS6 intake, and brand new LS7 clutch w/flywheel minus bolts through a guy at a dealership for $600.

Deals are out there. However, on many occassions, I have also gone through sponsors here to include SDPC and I've always been happy.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is the clutch alignment tool necessary if I have a shop doing the labor?

Not sure if I'm going to try the install with a buddy, and if not, I'm going with lethal performance here in texas to do the labor.

Originally Posted by Z28/2002
Not what your car is putting down

I had over 650 on spray with mine and the LS7 clutch never complained one bit. Shot the car NUMEROUS times in the highway and at the track.
that is good to know.. I'm thinking of spraying a 100 shot once I get into the h/c process

Last edited by DarkhorSe_SS; 10-06-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

I'll say it again genuine ls7 clutch/pressure plate/flywheel,not a ls6.I said you had good price's,but like Toneloc says they're deals out there,I'll agree you have to be carefull,Thats why I went to a Gm dealer on line and asked,sometimes thats all you have to do,I gave them your price and asked them to match,his reply was sure and gave me a deal,to my door,no bolts.I still have you guys that I have bought other stuff from,for everybody pming me,your gonna have to do your own leg work,it ain't fair to other sponsers{So I will not do it}.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

the LS7 clutch most users here rate it up to a good 450rwhp. but 650^ is insane! that's awesome!
Old 10-06-2008, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ifor everybody pming me,your gonna have to do your own leg work,it ain't fair to other sponsers{So I will not do it}.
Good decision. Keep away from mentioning names, links, numbers, ect... of non sponsors.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
SDPC,

Has the problems with the LS7 pressure plate been worked out?

I have read several threads about them not releasing right and it's either the pressure plate or the disc is warped.

Was this with the first releases? Has this been fixed. There seems to be a lot of people that really love this setup but there are people who hate it too.

Thanks for any input. This is what I am looking at getting this winter when I redo my trans.

So far it seems like a crap shoot.

Jason
What is the problem with the pressure plate? I've had my ls7 from SDPC in my car for a few months now, and it seems that Its never been releasing fully. Not bad to drive, but sometimes its not fully releasing, (no air in the system, 100% sure) I hadnt heard that there was something wrong with a batch of the pressure plates.
SDPC was great to deal with, but possibly I got a defective Pressure plate?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:48 AM
On The Tree

I will agree with Jesse here. I also get " dealer pricing" and it isn't close to what Jesse can sell it to you for. Plus they are great to work with and have fast customer service if anything was to go wrong . I think you get what you pay for. Thanks again Jesse !
Old 10-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Teching In

I just ordered my LS7 Clutch kit!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 08:07 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mart00SS
What is the problem with the pressure plate? I've had my ls7 from SDPC in my car for a few months now, and it seems that Its never been releasing fully. Not bad to drive, but sometimes its not fully releasing, (no air in the system, 100% sure) I hadnt heard that there was something wrong with a batch of the pressure plates.
SDPC was great to deal with, but possibly I got a defective Pressure plate?
After several track days (road coarses) with mine, I cannot run through the gears without getting a stiff pedal into 3rd and worse into 4th, so bad I cannot shift. I cannot rev match when downshifting because the pedal stays on the floor or half way up. I am also 100% sure it was bleed properly and there is no air in the system. I can get it to stick half way even when just revving while in neutral.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just got my LS7 clutch kit from SDPC, and shipped very fast. It will be installed on Friday. Looking forward to see how it feels!
Old 10-11-2008, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

I thought I made it clear not to try to backdoor pimp a product but someone openly said to PM him for non-sponsor info so this thread is done. In the future do not post about PM'ing for a non sponsor product.