Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

tint

Old 03-24-2009, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tint

I just got a ticket for having tint on my passenger and drivers door. And havent had one of these. Im under 18 so i have to go to court for it. Do i just take in pictures of the car with the tint off and they will waive it or what?
Old 03-24-2009, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

depends on your previous record. I was clean, but got busted for tint and front plate. I pushed the issue and went to court, they dropped both tickets, but I did have to remove the tint. It is a bitch to get off, unless it was installed recently.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

i have one speeding ticket so i just take pictures of it and ask if they can drop the ticket.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hartman
i have one speeding ticket so i just take pictures of it and ask if they can drop the ticket.
I got that same thing back when I was 18 with my Mustang. I had 5% Tint on all windows of that car and got stopped for it. All I did and was even told by the cop is have the tint removed from the front windows, then take a picture of before and after photos and also bring in the removal bill to court and the ticket will be thrown out. I have had several buddies that have done this and there tickets all got thrown out.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Banned

^^^ could i take a pic of my car before the tint. then after i tint it. then when ever i get pulled over take in the pics and a removel bill form the tint place?
Old 03-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
^^^ could i take a pic of my car before the tint. then after i tint it. then when ever i get pulled over take in the pics and a removel bill form the tint place?
No, Like my new camaro has 5% all around the car and thats how it came when I bought it. So u would do what I said in my 1st post or u can say I bought the car that way with the tints and they should cut u a break.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

whenever i got a tint ticket i usually had 2-3 more tickets as well....loud exhaust no front plate then whatever mover i got (speeding, no tuurn signal....etc) so i always had a lawyer....i still have my tints and they are pretty dark haha.

the lawyer just told the judge i had them removed and they never asked for proof...happened prolly 3 times
Old 03-25-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I haven't been pulled over for my tint..What I do is just keep the windows down most of the time when I'm in the city..I've been lucky so far....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: tint