Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Transmission Shops in Metro Detroit Area

Old 04-17-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transmission Shops in Metro Detroit Area

Hey guys... Been a long time since I've been on here... Need some help finding a good transmission shop in the Detroit area (west side preferred, closer to Ann Arbor honestly)...

I have a 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD 5.3L with what I've been told is a broken planetary... I can drive the truck to the shop if necessary (only reverse is jacked up for now) but I'm hoping I can stay local (I'm in Belleville)...

I was quoted $1,500.00 to rebuild it and I've been told that's pretty high to rebuild a tranny... I was hoping you guys on here could point me in the direction of a good shop that won't rip me off...

Also, to any shop owners who might be reading this... I'm in the Asphalt Seal Coating business so if you need some work done on your parking lot I would be more than willing to work out some trade work with you... This also goes to speed shops and anyone doing custom body work in the area... If anyone is interested just shoot me a PM...

Thanks for any help in advance...
Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could try Ann arbor transmission. It's off of carpenter rd across from the movie theater. I had the trans done in my car there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Transmission Shops in Metro Detroit Area