Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Driving out to Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Driving out to Michigan

I'm going to be driving out to Michigan for a few job interviews this coming week. While I'm out here I figured I would take a look at apartments. I will be interviewing for positions in Auburn Hills and Chelsea. Does anyone have advice about nice areas to live? Specific places to avoid?
Old 07-21-2012, 10:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Auburn hills is nice. Alot of fun things happen around there.I lived in waterford back in the day. Theres a nice group of street racers still around there! Stay away from Pontiac to live but great to drink and party in, but thats it!!! Auburn hills has a great location right off I-75 its central location makes it idea for long road trip upnorth or a quick saturday night trip to Woodward in the camaro!! Never been to chelsea! But it is great to hear that people are coming back to michigan for work!! G/l with your new job!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Chelsea is a nice town, just know it's small enough that the cops get pretty bored around there. Chrysler proving grounds is just south of 94 so you get to see some cool stuff around there. It's close to Ann Arbor which is a cool place to hang, and a ton of great lakes. I lived around there up until a couple years ago. Dexter is a nice little town close to there as well.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by '00_Z
Chelsea is a nice town, just know it's small enough that the cops get pretty bored around there. Chrysler proving grounds is just south of 94 so you get to see some cool stuff around there. It's close to Ann Arbor which is a cool place to hang, and a ton of great lakes. I lived around there up until a couple years ago. Dexter is a nice little town close to there as well.
They actually just offered me a job at the proving grounds so I'm sure I will see some cool stuff. Is there anywhere to rent closer to Chelsea or is it really just the Ann Arbor area? I saw a strip mall near the facility but didn't have time to look for residential areas.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats on the job! There are apartments in Chelsea, but for a good all around place to live Ann Arbor is about it. All kinds of shopping, restaurants and bars if into that. The west side near the Jackson Rd. area has some nice areas and easy access to I-94. Plus you would only be about 25-30 minutes from Milan Dragway. There's usually some pretty good racing out there.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:23 AM
On The Tree

hey i just not to long ago moved here my self to michigan im in city of troy near royal oak and southfield you sould come out this some time noting but a car show every day over here on woodword everyday

Quick Reply: Driving out to Michigan