Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Any feedback on Hutter Performance or Hutter Race Engines?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any feedback on Hutter Performance or Hutter Race Engines?

I am looking for any and all feedback I can find about Trevor and the gang over at Hutter Performance, and Hutter Racing engines located just outside of Cleveland Ohio, in Chardon.

The last shop that I trusted with my car, was FSP, they have since gone out of business, leaving me with nobody to use or trust on my car.

I have a fifth gen Camaro, that has TT's and a forged engine. The engine was just built, however the original guy that built it did't get the clearances correct, and I have oil pressure issues when the engine is at temp. So it needs to come out and be torn down and put back together again.

I am considering Hutter for engine R&R, engine tear down, and rebuild, with new bearings, gaskets and seals. Also Tuning will need to be done. He has an engine dyno, and a chassis dyno, and told me that he will use both on my project.

Who all has ever heard of them? What feedback do you know of them? What experiences do you have with them, if you have dealt with them directly?

Wondering about work turnaround time, communication with client, quality of work, and work ethic when a problem arises, specifically how he deals with it. I have wasted a lot of money lately and don't care to do it again.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:14 AM
Staging Lane

Anybody?
Old 12-15-2016, 03:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

I'll post up as I just seen the thread.
Nothing but good,nothing bad to report.
They used to have cruise-in/open house/dyno tuning events. Don't know if they still have the events,but can't imagine that they don't.
In 2006,NEOCC(NorthEastern Ohio Camaro Club) had a club event there. We got a tour of the facilities,including the engine building aspect. At the time they were building NASCAR engines for the NASCAR TRUCK Series. Dyno/tuning was also available for club members that were interested.
I know of 'locals' that used their facilities for dyno tuning and everyone's been satisfied with no 'after' problems.
They're 'pricey' and have lost some of the dyno tuning business to other places that have opened up.
The good Hutter reputation goes back to the 60s' locally. Yes,I'm old.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:04 AM
Staging Lane

Thank you for the reply. So far, this just verifies what I have heard. I am going to be spending this Saturday checking out his facilities and meeting Trevor in person. Thanks again!
Old 12-18-2016, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

I guess no negative feedback is good.....
Old 12-18-2016, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Ron Hutter is one of the top engine builders in the country, especially when it comes to LS engines. We use them for all of our NASCAR k&n series engines, and they built all of our GrandAm/PWC engines. Rock solid and tremendous power. Trevor Hutter is one of the best tuners I have ever dealt with, he remotely tuned my personal car and nailed it first shot. Their work may come at a premium, but you will get premium work.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 79_T/A
Ron Hutter is one of the top engine builders in the country, especially when it comes to LS engines. We use them for all of our NASCAR k&n series engines, and they built all of our GrandAm/PWC engines. Rock solid and tremendous power. Trevor Hutter is one of the best tuners I have ever dealt with, he remotely tuned my personal car and nailed it first shot. Their work may come at a premium, but you will get premium work.
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am ok paying for quality. As long as I get it. From a former grease monkey, who used to be in this business, I understand you get what you pay for. Especially when it comes to this stuff.

I talked to the guy who used to do all the work on my car today, and mentioned the shop, he said nothing but good things about them as well. He had heard of them even from working in the east coast, and south Florida. This all feels much better.

Its always so scary trusting someone with work like this. I truly thank you!
Old 12-19-2016, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

We are on the east coast and exclusively use Hutter. We've had Trevor fly out and tune our cars at tracks all over the country. They are true professionals.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 79_T/A
We are on the east coast and exclusively use Hutter. We've had Trevor fly out and tune our cars at tracks all over the country. They are true professionals.
Sounds like I will be in great hands. Thanks again for the feedback guys!

Quick Reply: Any feedback on Hutter Performance or Hutter Race Engines?