Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Best place for dyno/tune around me (SE MI)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 05:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Best place for dyno/tune around me (SE MI)

Hey well this summer i plan on installing LTs and True duals with X-pipe. I am going to use o2 extension but no o2 sims and jsut delete them when i get a tune. I am also installing a stall, shift kit, cooler. After i install all this i think it would be best if i got a dyno/tune for max performance out of the mods. I dont really want to drive any farther than 1.5 hours for this but whatever. I am in Port Huron, 1 hour north of Detroit. Let me know. Is Livernois good for this? Or someone better?

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 08-31-2005, 06:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

APE in Mt. Clemens...They did my cam install...Don't know how their tuning is of late...

By the way...Are you the one that pulled into the Sunoco Station Friday Night? I was filling up...If that was you...Your friggin car is LOUD...

How are you keeping the cops off your butt...

Peace...Gman
Old 08-31-2005, 06:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gman2002Z06
APE in Mt. Clemens...They did my cam install...Don't know how their tuning is of late...
Oh boy...

Do a search for Kirk Derhammer / Vector Motorsports. He was the tuner at APE and also tunes for: cool charger, General Motors , Wheel to Wheel ,Katech , Hardcore motorsports , and PFE according to this thread
Old 08-31-2005, 08:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Hey, no that wasnt me i odnt believe. My car isnt that loud with jsut Borla now. The Sunoco in St Clair or Po Ho? I hardly ever make it down to st clair area, i mainly hang around my area. What do you drive? We should meet up at cruise Pine Grove some weekend. Ok well ill check into APE i nMt Clemens. Are they better for tuning than Livernois? Thanks

Old 08-31-2005, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Sunoco in Port Huron...Wife and I went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner and I filled up on the way back home...The black T/A that pulled in while I was filling up sounded as if it was running straight through exhaust, right out the back...

I drive a Silver '02 Z06...

As was stated earlier...Kirk used to tune for APE...Don't know if he still does or not, but he was pretty good...

We cruise around Port Huron every so often, usually on Friday and Saturday going out to dinner...Will look for your car...

If a group of you get together, let me know when and where you meet up and I'll be sure to stop by...

Peace...Gman
Old 08-31-2005, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Livernois motorsports
Old 09-01-2005, 05:38 AM
On The Tree

Superman09...Not to change the subject, but the gas station I was filling up at was the SHELL station right there by DAJA-VOO (spelling?)...Don't know why I was thinking it was a Sunoco...

Given any thought to tuning it yourself...It's a little work, but for $500 for a tune compared to $500 for the programmer...You get to make changes whenever you want and it doesn't cost you anything additional...

There is plenty of great advice and guys willing to help walk you through a self tune...

I've done my own and the car runs pretty good...I'm always making little tweeks here and there just to see what happens...

Peace...Gman
Old 09-01-2005, 05:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yea i never fill up at Sunoco, The one by rite aide and in the plaza with ben franklins and jets? I always go down by Meijer and use BP. There are 3 other Black TAs in town... a WS6 M6, lady driven, bone stock so i doubt it was that. a 93 with flowmasters and headers i think that is just a little louder than mine and than another lt1 TA with black rims, he has Heads/Cam, built bottom end and some spray. You sure this TA you saw was a 98+ style or no? Im curious now, lol. Well this summer i got some mods going in but dang, u must be makin osme power now with that cam and full bolt ons. You a M6?

Old 09-01-2005, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

All Z06's are M6...I figure I'm pushing 400+ Mustang Dyno rwhp even with the cats and stock titanium mufflers...I have definite traction issues in 1st and 2nd gears...I only got 6000 miles out of the last set of F1's and I run the highway alot...I was pretty sure is was a WS6, but I really only saw the rear corner of it as he pulled in beside some other cars...Maybe it was a black SS, it's possible...All I know was it was outrageously loud...

I try to watch for it again...I pass through Port Huron every day on my way to work and home again...

Will look for you too...Let me know if you guys are going to get together and cruise, I'll try to stop by...

Peace...Gman
Old 09-01-2005, 08:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Alright. i might be cruising a little this weekend. But me being only 16 and in the process of paying my car off and still having to pay for my gas, this $3.42 a gal isnt too pleasant, haha. Car should be paid off her real soon and im hoping for full bolt ons by next summer. Keep in touch. Not sure if you want to hang with a kid but hey, im still a gear head. Most of the car people are younger that i cruise with too. Red TA, kid is prolly 18 ish, white LT1 TA, kid is a douchebag and is 17., ive seen this cobra a few times, older one but its built and runs 11's, hes a little older, 20's. and then theres steve who has the black with black rims built lt1 TA, hes in his 20's also id guess and works at murrays, Next time u pass Murrays on pine grove, look i nthe back of the lot and you should see his TA.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:27 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

oh sweet, ill have to look into a tuner. Would you suggest LS1Edit or HPTuners? I know who that car was. I was hanging out with the car guys last night and steve said it was him. He has an LT1 TA black with black rims, head/cam/spray, he had his cutout open thats why it was so loud. He said he saw a Z06 in shell so he turned i nthere and gave a big rev and you looked over like WTF, lol. I think you 2 would be a good matchup. Hes M6 with blown 2nd gear right now tho. I think i saw you last night going down Pine Grove. It was 9:30 right by Rite Aid. You were going back towards St Clair and i was going the opposite way. Did you see me or was this even you?

Old 09-03-2005, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Yup, that was probably the car...I was in Port Huron, but it was around 7:30...I'll be passing through again tonight around 5:00 or 6:00...H/C/Spray LT1 should put down some good hp...

When he came around into the parking lot and reved it up...I was like..Holy crap, how does he keep he cops off his butt...Sounded good...Just a little too loud for me...

I like the stealth approach...My car almost sounds stock, loudness wise...Hate to attract any more attention to speed than I need...

Will watch for a group of you's tonight...

I like the HP Tuners, but honestly have never used the LS-1 Edit...I know the latest version of HP Tuners allows for wideband sensor use...Don't know if LS-1 Edit does or not...Try a search for Edit vs. HP Tuners...

Peace...Gman
Old 09-03-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used all three programs, LS1 Edit, HP Tuners and EFI LIve. Look at EFI Live or HP Tuners. Don't waste your money on Edit. Live has a more user interface and a lot options then HPT. If you don't mind the drive I don't charge near what a shop does and can guarantee you it will be how you want.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

--------------->
Sponsors we have in MI that can tune:
Hardcore
Livernois
Wheel2Wheel
Old 09-04-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Regular

A 1/2 hour tune at W2W Cost me $700 a couple months ago.
Prolly my fault since I asked the W2W guy how much $ after my car was already on the rollers. Kirk did the tuning and is pretty cool.
Try PF&E if you can, Greg is a cool cat and they will tune for $400.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

i am also looking for a place to get my car on the dyno. I dont really want them to screw around with the whole car since me and my buddy tuned it for about a week with HP. But i really wanna see what numbers it puts down. Doesnt it go by and hourly rate?
Old 09-08-2005, 08:05 AM
TECH Regular

Correction: My tune at W2W cost $595 NOT $700
Old 09-08-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

Livernois Motorsports, talk to Dan Millen. $550 I believe. Their place is extremely impressive, HUGE facility.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We can run your car to check the HP output for 75 dollars per hour with a 1 hour min. This is a special price good until Oct 31st. Our dyno is a Mustang AWD capable dyno. It is calibrated once a month. Our cell has 2-20,000 cfm fans clearing the room air with two 5hp motors running two additional fans to pull the cars ex out and send it thru the roof.

Kurt
Originally Posted by BeeraddSS98
i am also looking for a place to get my car on the dyno. I dont really want them to screw around with the whole car since me and my buddy tuned it for about a week with HP. But i really wanna see what numbers it puts down. Doesnt it go by and hourly rate?

Quick Reply: Best place for dyno/tune around me (SE MI)