Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Fun Ford Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fun Ford Weekend

did anybody go to Fun Ford Weekend this past weekend at Norwalk Raceway?

I was there for 6-7 hours on Saturday. A lot of my buddies run mustangs so I was there to watch.

Lot of fast cars. Mustangs or not it was still entertaining. Makes me wish I could get my car out there

But damn those street cars are running 11's and 10's! wish I could do that!

Just wondering if anybody else went
Old 07-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Default ??

you have the magic stick full exhaust and a 150 wet shot and your not in the 11's? Ms3 and exhaust should easily get you in low 12's. I go out to norwalk most fridays t+t but don't recall ever seeing your car out there unless you have a black ws6 with the purge out the hood scoops I remember seeing one out there last year or year before that went 11.90's but sounded like stock cam, definitly not a ms3.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2000ARTIC
you have the magic stick full exhaust and a 150 wet shot and your not in the 11's? Ms3 and exhaust should easily get you in low 12's. I go out to norwalk most fridays t+t but don't recall ever seeing your car out there unless you have a black ws6 with the purge out the hood scoops I remember seeing one out there last year or year before that went 11.90's but sounded like stock cam, definitly not a ms3.

I haven't been to the track yet this year. All of my mods were done this winter and I'm not getting tuned until the 29th
I'm sure i'll have tons of traction issues, I need to work on my launches

I live about 5 miles from norwalk, but I stoped going to the Test and Tunes and only go to private track rentals now. I hate waiting in line

I HOPE to get low 12's, If i hit 11's i'd be one happy pup!!!

traction
Old 07-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Default 11's for sure

if you are going to spray even on street tires you'll easily turn 11's, probably should trap high 120's on a 150 shot and the ms3. I've seen video's of guys running that cam and juice and wasting just about everything they ran up against. Once you get it tuned from what I've read, those sticks pull like hell up top. Low 11's with good suspension and slicks would be easily attained.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Junkie

lets hope so! lets hope i can hook lol

can't wait to give it a try
Old 07-12-2006, 01:11 AM
11 Second Club

I spent all weekend @ Norwalk! Good times.
And Matt... yes you can easily do it. Cam and a 100 shot got me in the 11's. On street tires nonetheless.
...Faster than a lot of modded Cobras
I too, stopped going to the TnT's all together, track rentals are the way to go.
Mark your calendar: 9/18/06. LS1GTO.com trackday. And trust me Matt, if you go show up, you'll have one ofthe fastest cars there , which I consider an added bonus!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks man,

I'm just getting so anxious to get tuned and get out there. I was only planning on shooting for 12s, but 11's....

I was there to support my friends, one of the sponsors, for the "Street Stang" class, CRT-Performance.

I'll def. try to make it to the LS1GTO.com trackday. I've waited all summer to race so now I have to make up for it at the end of the season

Never been the fastest car before, that'd be sweet!

Well, hopefully I'll see ya there!

Originally Posted by meatfoam
I spent all weekend @ Norwalk! Good times.
And Matt... yes you can easily do it. Cam and a 100 shot got me in the 11's. On street tires nonetheless.
...Faster than a lot of modded Cobras
I too, stopped going to the TnT's all together, track rentals are the way to go.
Mark your calendar: 9/18/06. LS1GTO.com trackday. And trust me Matt, if you go show up, you'll have one ofthe fastest cars there , which I consider an added bonus!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering if you were coming out for the rental. Last time we got so many runs in, they closed the lanes an hour early and everyone was tired of running by that point.

I replied to your email, btw.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:38 PM
TECH Junkie

just talked to my tuner today to verify the time and date

i'm gettin excited!!

Quick Reply: Fun Ford Weekend