Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Fort Wayne Nasty's Bait Shop crowd

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 10:32 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kdogc5
thanks joe....my license to carry has not come yet....do not know the hand gun laws for each state....so we need to be in the best place we can....all i here is horrible things about little rock...sounds like creghton and pontiac but a whole town of that...lol

HEY ROBBIE LOOKS LIKE YOUR CAR IS GONNA GET WET....SATURDAY AND SUNDAY RAIN IN CLEVELAND AND ON OUR WAY TO KALAMAZOO...OLOL

FYI...gun permit info regarding Indiana Handgun Carry Permit, and whether it is honored in other states...

http://www.packing.org/state/indiana...?stateimage=26
Old 05-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks sdb...thats the info i needed....no i need my license to show up...its been 10 weeks!!!!!!....they told me it should be here any day...
Old 05-26-2007, 03:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'll be at Mikes/Nasty Nates tonight....I'll probably be pretty belligerent...hopefully.
Old 05-27-2007, 12:49 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

rob is at pieres again, and azar left nate's trashed. glad to see everyone again, sorry i showed up late again, i will be alot earlier next time.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Oh yes...it was awesome.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Can't remember if I posted this or not but here we go....

LS10AE Firing

I think it may be just a little rich...(GTP injectors)
Old 05-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Banned

chad PM sent!!!!!....you will like the outcome!!!! lol
Old 05-30-2007, 11:24 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Banned

3 days till power tour!!!! 1 1/2 days till vacation!!!!.....
Old 05-30-2007, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Well, I finally got my car dyno tuned. Tuning was done by Bryan Herter from PCM's for less. I was hoping for a bit more power than I got, but I always feel that way when getting the car tuned . As some of you remember, last year I had the car tuned with no air filter, and it made 590 RWHP on a Mustang dyno at about 15.3 #'s of boost. This year I added a good inlet tube setup to an air filter, and added a methanol injection setup from Snow Performance. I also didn't run the RPM's quite as high as last year, as I later found out the max impellor speed for the blower is at 6500 RPM instead of the 7,000 RPM I did last year. I ended up still somehow getting 14.5 #'s of boost at 6500 RPM. For whatever reason, the car has been running PIG fat ever since I started it this year. The red line and # is where it was at when I drove the car in with the different setup. The Blue line and number represents after it was tuned. I was hoping to have added more timing, but Bryan is the expert, so we left it where he thought it was safe.

Here's a basic break down on my setup;

383 LT1 (Lunati Sledgehammer Crank, Oliver Billett rods, custom Diamond pistons)
TPIS CNC LT1 AFR 180 heads
Custom Camshaft 244/254 @ .050, .578/.578 lift, 114* LSA
Hand ported intake manifold
Hooker Long Tubes
Hooker Y-Pipe
Borla Cat-Back
Lingenfelter 58mm TB
60# Injectors
M6 w/Moser 12 bolt and 3.73's
EPP Custom FMIC setup
CR 8.8:1
Dual Walbro 255 lph in tank fuel pumps (2nd one kicks in @ 4#'s of boost)
Snow Performance Methanol injection system

All tuning was done on pump gas (93 octane) and on the stock PCM

Old 05-30-2007, 01:12 PM
8 Second Club

Damn Ben!! You gained a shitload down low! It must feel like a completely different car!

I wouldn't be too ashamed with those power numbers, pretty impressive!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Damn Ben!! You gained a shitload down low! It must feel like a completely different car!

I wouldn't be too ashamed with those power numbers, pretty impressive!
After changing to the new metal inlet tube, thats when I think it changed up my previous tune to make it run so incredibly rich. It felt strong, but WAY too rich (I've got a funny vid I'll post of the richness later). Before the tune, it never really felt smooth, and it was getting MUCH worse gas mileage (about 10 in town).

After the tune, it feels like a totally different car. It now runs smooth as can be, and definatly feels a lot more powerful. I have video also from the dyno I'll post up later as well.

All and all, I am happy it has a good safe tune on it, and its back to where it should be. 614 RWHP is plenty fine with me
Old 05-30-2007, 01:37 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by CALL911
After changing to the new metal inlet tube, thats when I think it changed up my previous tune to make it run so incredibly rich. It felt strong, but WAY too rich (I've got a funny vid I'll post of the richness later). Before the tune, it never really felt smooth, and it was getting MUCH worse gas mileage (about 10 in town).

After the tune, it feels like a totally different car. It now runs smooth as can be, and definatly feels a lot more powerful. I have video also from the dyno I'll post up later as well.

All and all, I am happy it has a good safe tune on it, and its back to where it should be. 614 RWHP is plenty fine with me
Now you need to take it to the track, or better yet, hunt down a certain NBM SS out there on the streets of the Fort.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Now you need to take it to the track, or better yet, hunt down a certain NBM SS out there on the streets of the Fort.
lol, I was hoping I could run against Kurts car while I was home, but I was running really fat then, and he wasn't running at all (I think his car is fixed now though). I was also hoping to run against my buddy Nick, and is Single Turbo Supra.

Oh, well... It will keep the anticipation until I come back home in the fall. Realistically, Kurts car should crush mine, as he now should be able to safely run quite a bit more power than me. Nick's Supra would be a good race.

I will be making a track run in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep everyone informed, and I'll bring the video camera.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:07 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

lol, I was hoping I could run against Kurts car while I was home, but I was running really fat then, and he wasn't running at all (I think his car is fixed now though). I was also hoping to run against my buddy Nick, and is Single Turbo Supra.

Oh, well... It will keep the anticipation until I come back home in the fall. Realistically, Kurts car should crush mine, as he now should be able to safely run quite a bit more power than me. Nick's Supra would be a good race.

I will be making a track run in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep everyone informed, and I'll bring the video camera.

Ben, how are Nick and Ginny doing? Haven't seen them since the wedding...he ever get his fuel system put on?

SDB
Old 05-30-2007, 02:08 PM
8 Second Club

Yeah, that's right. I forgot Kurt is going to be a meth addict also!
Old 05-30-2007, 02:10 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=CALL911]Well, I finally got my car dyno tuned. Tuning was done by Bryan Herter from PCM's for less.

Damn, if it was tuned by Chad instead, you probably would have picked up 30-50 rwhp, and better gas mileage! Ask Joe about this!!

Good gain on the numbers~

SDB
Old 05-30-2007, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SDB
Ben, how are Nick and Ginny doing? Haven't seen them since the wedding...he ever get his fuel system put on?

SDB

Oh man.... They are divorced already. I was in the wedding right before I deployed to the Desert for the Air Force. When I came home a few months later I gave him a call to see how things were going, and he told me they were on their way to being split up. Months later the divorce was final. It's one of those long trajic stories that seem to follow him around.

Anyways, he has a bigger fuel pump, but still needs bigger fuel rails and injectors. He might get those on over the summer. He made low 600's on a Mustang dyno last year, so again, he and I would be a good race.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

[QUOTE=SDB]
Well, I finally got my car dyno tuned. Tuning was done by Bryan Herter from PCM's for less.

Damn, if it was tuned by Chad instead, you probably would have picked up 30-50 rwhp, and better gas mileage! Ask Joe about this!!

Good gain on the numbers~

SDB

Bryan is a pro, especially with the old LT1's. I don't think Chad even has the capability to tune an LT1.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Click here to see Video

Here's what I am talking about when I mentioned it was running rich before the tune

Quick Reply: Fort Wayne Nasty's Bait Shop crowd