Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Fox Pontiac Buick GMC - Stay away from that dealership!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fox Pontiac Buick GMC - Stay away from that dealership!

I just bought my 2001 F-250 from them on the 25th of June. I was working with Larry Swanson - the salesman, and we worked out a deal that we were both happy with.

Less then 24 hours later, I had an Airbag light on my dash flashing at me. I called Larry and let him know that I was worried about that light flashing at me. I told him I was busy that week (I was going out of town, and I was selling my Camaro). I let him know I had an appointment with the local Ford dealer on Monday July 2nd (his lot is over an hour away from me). He said to find out what was wrong with the truck and they would try and help cover the costs.

Total costs: $387.00.

It needed the passenger side air bag senor, and the clock spring on the driver side (I think it was something call clock spring??).

I called Larry, and let him know the cost, and the name & number of the Ford dealer doing the work. He said he would let me know about coving the costs.

Blah blah blah, he called me today to say that they can't cover the Airbag light/repair because it wasn't doing it when it went off the lot. I think it's a bunch of Bullsh*t. I am not bitching about anything else with the truck. I know I bought it "AS-IS". I am 100% fine with some of the other things not perfect with the truck (because the price reflects that). I am only worried about the safety features.

Am I wrong to b*tch about this? I don't think so. It was less then 24 hours when this happened.

If you want, call Larry in Used Cars and ask why he won't help Milo out. 1-877-551-6793. I would have been happy if they would have just gave $100 bucks - something to show he would keep his word.

Now - F them. Stay away from FoxGM.
They are located in Comstock Park Mi.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks. I run a dealership and even as a good will gesture I'd cover it. He's right, he doesn't have to, but it's one of those things that you do to prevent things like this from happening. If they would have covered that $387 cost, you might have sent them 2 people that total profit would have been like $2500 possibly.

Such a shame. I'd keep pushing.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slow Z28
That sucks. I run a dealership and even as a good will gesture I'd cover it. He's right, he doesn't have to, but it's one of those things that you do to prevent things like this from happening. If they would have covered that $387 cost, you might have sent them 2 people that total profit would have been like $2500 possibly.

Such a shame. I'd keep pushing.

I'm trying, and he won't. He was all nice until I told them the total of the repair. It's not it was a surprise to this guy. I called him when it happened. I told him when I could have it looked it, and he was fine all buddy buddy with me.

I called today to let him know the total, and blew me off said that he can't do anything "Because they sold the truck at such a great deal". I left him a VM that I was pissed, and couldn't believe that they wouldn't offer anything and would ruin a good deal up until that point. I let him know I thought it was a bunch of sh*t. He lead me on saying he would do what he could to help me, that is also what pisses me off the most.

They could have offered $100 bucks and a free oil change or something - ANYTHING. Anything to say "we're sorry". Nope, just a bunch of liars....
Old 07-04-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

post this up on as many forums as your signed up at and email him the links.

He might be a little more inclined to do something about it after he sees the bad press they're getting, maybe not, but its worth a try.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you bought the car "as-is", I'd say you should consider yourself lucky it was a $400 sensor and not the trans grenading. Sorry you had a bad experience, but publishing negative posts and calling them names online seems kind of harsh for something that technically isn't even their reponsibility.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** happens.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Teching In

Stop talking to the salesman and ask for the manager next time. Keep going up the chain of command.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:17 AM
11 Second Club

The more hell you raise = the less inclined they will be to help you. Just my .02
Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Intragration
If you bought the car "as-is", I'd say you should consider yourself lucky it was a $400 sensor and not the trans grenading. Sorry you had a bad experience, but publishing negative posts and calling them names online seems kind of harsh for something that technically isn't even their reponsibility.
intragration,you are right & wrong come on less than 24 hours, its a man to man thing & this salesman sounds like a weasel.stick with what your doing,you & him made the deal you know what was said & what was not & how you FEEL.hell if i was the salesman i would pay it out of my own pocket & take you to lunch just to keep the good words flowing!!!!!! hell i would go there when they are busy & tell all there new customers what clowns they are dealing with! i did something like this once & got a check for $2500 the very day i showed up there bitching & with it written on my truck in shoe polish what they did when 6 months over the phone talking accomplished nothing!!! i remember the mans last words to me over the phone were
ITS AMERICA DO WHAT YOU WANT
so i wrote on my vehicle & sat in there lot & an hour later i walked out with a check for $2500! i proved my point!
Old 07-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
The more hell you raise = the less inclined they will be to help you. Just my .02
True 100%

The salesman finally helped me out. They sent a check out to cover half of the bill. More then fair in my book. I wasn't looking for them to pay for everything on an "AS-IS" truck. I was looking for something, anything to show he was a man of his word.

He was. I received the check on Friday. I wasn't trying to get them to fix everything with the truck, just one MAJOR safety issue that happened less then 24 hours after I bought it.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:54 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

That's cool that they covered half, the truck is over six years old. But I'd be upset too if a vehicle had issues in the first week I had it.