Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

New guy needs some help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy needs some help!!

Hello my name is Mitch and i live in ohio, im new to the site, well new to doin any posting or anything, ive been on the site for awhile now due to my latest project, a 1987 iroc-z camaro with twin turbos. I have ran into a roadblock with my wiring and wanted to know if someone could get me in the right direction. The motor i bought is a 5.3 truck engine with the red and blue ecm connectors, so i guess it has to be 99-02. The problem is the motor was a dbw and im using a dbc tb, no way i ever want a wire runnin my gas pedal, and that is only a opinion, and my personal prefrence. So im tryin to find out where i need to run the 4 iac wires and the 3 tps wires Ive got a instruction sheet from lt1.com telling how to do it but i dont understand at all, im lost!!!If anyone can help me please let me know, im also gonna need to know about the programing of the ecm as well. I talked to a guy about it at the lt1 site but he wasnt very helpful or very polite, so i definetly do not want to send it there, but i need to know who can do it and how much it is. Another issue i have is im not sure what kind of tune it needs! I just dont really know much about it . To be honest i came across the car for dirt cheap and its in awesome shape other than the tpi motor was knocking, so i looked around at what people are doing with them and decided on a 5.3 truck motor, not to mention a dear friend had one in his garage that he wasnt gonna end up using, so it worked out good. People are doin amazing things with these motors and thats what i wanna do, ive always messed around with fox body mustangs but, for the money you cant beat a ls. The car is very worthy of it, its one of the best shape ones ive seen in a while. So ill stop talkin and wait on a reply, also anyone here live near me? im about 1 hr east of cincinnati oh, if so would love to talk with someone about it, thanks for the info, 937-402-8220 anytime

Quick Reply: New guy needs some help!!