review of Boyce body werks IL (long rant) - Page 2 - LS1TECH

Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

review of Boyce body werks IL (long rant)

Old 07-04-2008, 06:07 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizted_creations View Post

The Ceta mod, if it WAS on the car when it was hit, should be back on the car when he got it back. If I got my WS6 back with a stock TA hood, I would be pissed off, and make the insurance company, and body shop fix it. Period. If I had aftermarket rims that were destroyed, I would make the insurance company replace them, and not settle for stock....
I totally agree, and that is what we would nomally do, but prior to starting repairs we were told by the mom to "put the car back original" Since her name was on the insurance and she paid the deductible thats what we did.

This car came in with 2 'aftermarket' items. The bumper and blacked out taillights. We had to replace one tail light, per her instructions, we did not black that out, but did buff out the exisiting tail light(N/C) so they would match. So this item was not put back the way it was.

When the son was upset about the bumper not being done, the parents said that was ok to do. We were not paid to do this on the original estimate, so we contacted the insurance company and they did agree to pay for the second bumper color.
mboyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:30 AM   #22
11 Second Club

Sounds like he was by his mom...
twizted_creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #23
TECH Fanatic

Some negligance on the employees part with the gas situation, but the rest seems pretty resonable on the body shops behalf. Looks like they went to bat for the OP for getting his car repaired and dealing with the insurance company. Sounds like the OP needs to communicate with his parents better.
BrntWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #24
TECH Apprentice

Maybe you shouldnt be taken as seriously. It was moms insurance and she was paying the bill. If anyone should be on here bitching it should be her and no one else.
vetman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:10 PM   #25
Staging Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetman1 View Post
Maybe you shouldnt be taken as seriously. It was moms insurance and she was paying the bill. If anyone should be on here bitching it should be her and no one else.
i don't think that just because his mom pays the bill means he shouldn't be taken seriously. he should have been treated just like any other customer. i pay for my car but my parents cover the insurance, does that mean that when i bring it in for work i shouldn't be taken seriously? if he is in the same kinda situation as me, my mom doesn't know crap about camaro's or trans ams. i would be able to point out stuff that wasn't right before before she knew what she was lookin for. i had my dealership try to screw me over because they thought that because i was a 20 year old at the time i wasn't gonna be able to do anything about it.

Last edited by AMitc31100; 07-04-2008 at 10:17 PM.
AMitc31100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #26
TECH Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetman1 View Post
that would be the case if i wasnt paying the deductible and the insurance for the car, even though my parents are covering it up front, i still pay in the end

Last edited by NeedaV8foundation; 07-04-2008 at 11:10 PM.
NeedaV8foundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:05 PM   #27
TECH Resident

i am deleting and editing my previous post because it is getting to a point where its just starting crap. this was a dead post until a month later the owners decide to sign up on ls1tech to bring it up and try to justify the shop.

Boyce Body Werks: the point is you guys screwed up, the car was fixed to satisfaction, and my car was returned. i was not pleased with the way it was handled and that is why i chose to not use your body shop again, plain and simple. if this is now such a big ordeal that you guys have to call my house to inform my parents that i posted a negative comment about your body shop on the internet, then you really need to straighten things out. CALL MY PERSONAL CELL PHONE AND TALK TO ME! i would be happy to give it to you and resolve the issue (which i dont understand because i have my car back and i am happy with it)
you are forgetting that i am the customer, my mom knows jack about cars and she will be the first to admit it.

personal thoughts about boyce (plain and simple);
they do quality work and upon getting my car back i am happy with the overall repair that was done on my car. I thought the repair was of higher standards and the paint, parts, and alignment of the panels was great. however due to personal issues that happened prior to getting my car back, i will not be using them again. i did NOT post on here to start anything with boyce body werks, simply to give my opinion about the experience that i had, much like a restaurant review, and sometimes someone gets a bad meal. i meant nothing personal about the review.

Last edited by NeedaV8foundation; 07-05-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:09 PM   #28
TECH Veteran

Edited. Thread is dead.

Last edited by phantomzer0; 07-05-2008 at 01:05 AM.
phantomzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:43 PM   #29
Banned

Sounds like a problem with who was driving the car. When I was getting brakes done on my GN years back, they took it out on the road to make sure everything was right. The mechanic driving it floored it right in front of me onto the road, fishtailing until almost out of sight. I immediately bitched at the manager about it, and he didn't seem to care. That shop is now out of buisness and I smile every time I pass that empty boarded up place in Aurora on rt 25.
Paint_It_Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #30
TECH Resident

it was dead a month ago but mboyce had to register to try to justify the shop and bring it up again
Old 07-07-2008, 01:17 AM   #31
TECH Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation View Post
it was dead a month ago but mboyce had to register to try to justify the shop and bring it up again
You shouldn't have to justify yourself to them. You are entitled to your opinion, period.

I had similar problems with Canal Auto in Lockport. They see you as a kid, nothing more. Just someone to push around.

I filed a complaint with the BBB and they never even disputed it.

If you were unsatisfied file a claim, that's why they are there. There's no reason for them to call your parents, give me a ******* break.
phantomzer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:35 AM   #32
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Exactly. You are entitled to your opinion. The fact of the matter is that you would not have posted anything but you were upset. I've found that bodyshops are just like contractors, some are great some are lame.
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #33
TECH Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
hey us body men arent that dirty, on a side note i had to redo a car from that shop it wasnt pretty, lets just say a bumper was being held up with vise grips
anyone needs work done i work at fullers auto body in lyons, we use ppg , and we take our time and give the quality
Yep you guys do good work you did paint my sail panle, mirrors and WS6 hood.. I need to get it back to the shop to get my CETA done
TORCHD 02 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #34

Cool all I wanted was a fair price

I came into the shop to get and estimate on paint for one door and the handles, I understand the process of removing and taping things off take a while, how come it only takes 45 min to replace the entire door and interior wiring, but it become so difficult to mask and paint.... Anyways I said, "what if i literally handed you the new door and old and took out the glass then how much are we looking at?" Guy with the estimate: "its like bringing a steak into a restaurant and asking them to cook." The last I checked a restaurant was a place you walk into, sit down, choose a dish, and eat... and a auto repair place is where YOU BRING your car in and get it fixed. AM I MISSING something here? Isn't bring in a door and getting it fixed the same idea? hum.. with that dudes little sassy comment... i walked out thinking
REC516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #35
TECH Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by REC516 View Post
I came into the shop to get and estimate on paint for one door and the handles, I understand the process of removing and taping things off take a while, how come it only takes 45 min to replace the entire door and interior wiring, but it become so difficult to mask and paint.... Anyways I said, "what if i literally handed you the new door and old and took out the glass then how much are we looking at?" Guy with the estimate: "its like bringing a steak into a restaurant and asking them to cook." The last I checked a restaurant was a place you walk into, sit down, choose a dish, and eat... and a auto repair place is where YOU BRING your car in and get it fixed. AM I MISSING something here? Isn't bring in a door and getting it fixed the same idea? hum.. with that dudes little sassy comment... i walked out thinking
old thread but funny to see people are still having problems with them. i can recommend a good body shop thats in plainfield if you want... pm me
Old 07-31-2009, 09:52 AM   #36
TECH Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
Exactly. You are entitled to your opinion. The fact of the matter is that you would not have posted anything but you were upset. I've found that bodyshops are just like contractors, some are great some are lame.

QFT! I would also like to add that insurance adjusters are ******* morons. They're also scamming mother ******* too.
1badWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #37
Teching In

I called Boyce because I had 2 fenders that needed to be painted and they are close to my house. I had never needed an estimate before so I figured i could just call, tell them what I was looking for, and then if its reasonable bring them to be painted. Not the case with Boyce.

They would not quote me over the phone. I really didnt know how much it would be so i asked "could you just let me know for my information what ballpark would be?" Nope. "Could you let me know what people have paid before since i really dont know how much to save up and I dont want to load them into the car, drive up there, get an estimate and waste your time if i cant afford it". Nope.

I understand that they didn't want to tell me a price unseen, because it could end up being more $$$. But, It's not too hard to give me an idea especially since I really didnt know!
I called another body shop in addison, received full quote based on the computer system. Had them done and back in my garage in a week.
transdamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:15 AM   #38

Thumbs up My Experience with Boyce Body Werks

I have to say that im surprised. Boyce has been the go-to place for my entire family for well over a decade now.

This company has always bent over backwards to help us out, and they always do a 5 star job on our vehicles. I found this post because I was googling their telephone number to give to an Insurance rep after I got rear-ended this week on my way to work by a 16 year old girl on her cell phone.

Honestly, I wouldnt trust any of my vehicles to anywhere else in the area. Boyce is top notch. Sounds like you were disappointed, but I can assure you thats extremely rare.

Over the years they have fixed various car wrecks for me including a Porsche 911, 2 different BMW M3's, various Mercedes, a Jeep and soon to repair my Audi q5. Every time I walked out happy as could be. This is the only place that i've ever found that has the same attention to detail that I and my family have.

Im sure they resolved your issue, and i hope it was to your satisfaction! Anyone reading this should know that this is pretty much the premiere place to get your car fixed in the tri-city area.

Highly recommended. 5/5 Stars by an (unfortunately) regular user (this being my 3rd time being rear-ended while stopped at a stop light in 6 months.)

/edit - I fully expect them to give me another 5 star job on my Q5. If for some reason they leave me disappointed, I will update this post.
RyanPietroski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:33 AM   #39
10 Second Club

7 year old thread.......
98CamZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:24 PM   #40
Staging Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CamZ28 View Post
7 year old thread.......
And you bumped it....I'll see your candy *** at the track
Newbomb is offline   Reply With Quote