Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

VA medical Care

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default VA medical Care

I Separated after 15 years and they put me in Group 7C. Anyone else in 7C, and how do you like it? .. meeting with VA rep next week to get medical records inline before filling for disability.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk584
I Separated after 15 years and they put me in Group 7C. Anyone else in 7C, and how do you like it? .. meeting with VA rep next week to get medical records inline before filling for disability.
What does 7C mean?

I have been out for 11yrs now and earned a 50% disability rating.

You need to claim anything and everything, regardless of how small you think it is. In addition, I hope you went to see the doc for all of your issues before you separated.
I will try to find you the link to the disability information. It will tell you the ratings for everything and if you do your homework and understand how it works, then you will be much better off...

§ 4.3 Resolution of reasonable doubt.
It is the defined and consistently applied policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs to administer the law under a broad interpretation, consistent, however, with the facts shown in every case. When after careful consideration of all procurable and assembled data, a reasonable doubt arises regarding the degree of disability such doubt will be resolved in favor of the claimant. See § 3.102 of this chapter.

This link is all you need and knowledge is a power tool!!!

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/part-4

https://youtu.be/P8E7_u2qgjE

Last edited by bgw70; 02-02-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome! Thank you for the info. I think I screwed myself with not going enough times for somethings. I'll just have to wait and see what comes of it. Group 1-8 determins coverage and costs. I believe 50% is Group 1
Old 02-02-2017, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Awesome! Thank you for the info. I think I screwed myself with not going enough times for somethings. I'll just have to wait and see what comes of it. Group 1-8 determins coverage and costs. I believe 50% is Group 1
Okay, that rings a bell, I am group 1. They will see me for anything because I hit that magic 50% and they send me a bill.

Read that paragraph i posted again! ;-)

BTW, if they deny anything, make sure you do the appeal!!! I was 30%, then submitted more stuff after I read the title 38 part four, I also appealed and when it all came back, they approved my appeal.
You have one year to make all of the claims, after that you can still do it but it becomes more difficult.

Last edited by bgw70; 02-02-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Even 0% is still a percentage!
Old 02-03-2017, 04:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Even 0% is still a percentage!
Yes, if they rate you 0%, service connected, it means you have a disability. Let's say a knee, as you get older, the 0% can change to 10% and possibly higher. Service connected injuries usually don't get better, they usually get worse with age.

I can tell you that I receive outstanding care from the VA clinic near me. They truly care about us and it shows. Also, there are many fellow military members who are now employed by the VA, some of which are also patients. You can pick them out by the way they carry themselves and conduct business.

Also, When you see a negative news article about the VA, please remember what I said.

They also have an online communications system called myhealth.va.gov you can communicate with your doctor, nurse, order prescriptions, look up labs etc.

Anyway, guess I am getting ahead of myself. Good luck with everything!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Being enrolled in VA healthcare, do I need to get (and pay for) private healthcare insurance such as blue Cross/blue shield?
Old 02-27-2017, 05:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Being enrolled in VA healthcare, do I need to get (and pay for) private healthcare insurance such as blue Cross/blue shield?
Sorry for the late reply. I am not sure how to answer your question because it is not my expertise.
It might be better to ask someone at the VA, perhaps when you go see the doctor.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bgw70
Yes, if they rate you 0%, service connected, it means you have a disability. Let's say a knee, as you get older, the 0% can change to 10% and possibly higher. Service connected injuries usually don't get better, they usually get worse with age.

I can tell you that I receive outstanding care from the VA clinic near me. They truly care about us and it shows. Also, there are many fellow military members who are now employed by the VA, some of which are also patients. You can pick them out by the way they carry themselves and conduct business.

Also, When you see a negative news article about the VA, please remember what I said.

They also have an online communications system called myhealth.va.gov you can communicate with your doctor, nurse, order prescriptions, look up labs etc.

Anyway, guess I am getting ahead of myself. Good luck with everything!
I wish that was the case everywhere. Your lucky if the VA is like that where your at. Its not like that around here.

Quick Reply: VA medical Care