Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Possible 05 GTO part out in Northern Italy

Old 07-30-2011, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible 05 GTO part out in Northern Italy

Nothing is for sale...yet. The car is at the body shop here in Aviano still and wont be back here till later today. I posted this on the GTO site too, but wanted to reach out a bit more for the major, non-GTO specific items

Basically, my 05 GTO was in a wreck and is being totaled. I want to remove and then sell some major components before it goes to DRMO and is gone forever. Major Items I can think of...
CMS built 402 W/ AFR205 heads
FLT level 6 4L65E
FAST102 intake w/ fast fuel rails

I was thinking that it may be easier to sell the major parts (motor, trans) to LSx owners in Naples or Germany due to the location. If nothing goes, then we will PCS with the parts and I will sell them in the states.

I basically want to know if there would be potential military buyers for these parts so we could meet or I could mail the MPS.

Once again, nothing is for sale yet, I just want to see what interest there might be for people "local" to me.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Launching!

good luck with pcsing car parts.... had a guy tried to get his transmission moved with his pcs stuff... they said no.... i miss aviano
Old 07-31-2011, 03:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by eroc022
good luck with pcsing car parts.... had a guy tried to get his transmission moved with his pcs stuff... they said no.... i miss aviano
Ive already looked into it and they will. It was a recent change and I made sure to get the email traffic in case they say otherwise.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Teching In

I PCS's a few years ago with a bunch of car parts in my HHG's. I got burned on an engine dropout right before so I shipped my LT1 engine and T-56. The only way they would do it is if it was dissasembled though since a longblock is too heavy for the movers to pick up. Just make sure everything is absolutely spotless. I also shipped a transmission for a jeep back with me from Japan, so it is definitely do-able.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:05 PM
11 Second Club

Looks like one of my friends may be interested in the engine/trans combo, which would help me out a lot. I may be able to sell it to a local if it came down to it. 4-5K in euros would be a heck of a deal for them, and great for me once it is converted to dollars.

Search this Thread