Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Marines - no more rolled sleeves

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 06:32 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Not what I was told. I was told I could trade it for the campaign medal, but that's it. There was no more awarding of the GWOTE after April 15th 2005.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Not what I was told. I was told I could trade it for the campaign medal, but that's it. There was no more awarding of the GWOTE after April 15th 2005.
The GWOTEM awarding has ended. If you have 1 deployment to Iraq during that timeframe, you can have either the GWOTEM or ICM. If you have 2, you can have both. I have the GWOTEM, ICM, and ACM due to my 2x trips to each.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:46 PM
NKAWTG...N

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I for one, I am really glad the military keeps awards and decs so simple.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Originally Posted by Hardcoresoldier
The GWOTEM awarding has ended. If you have 1 deployment to Iraq during that timeframe, you can have either the GWOTEM or ICM. If you have 2, you can have both. I have the GWOTEM, ICM, and ACM due to my 2x trips to each.
yep, right from the Navy Awards website:

ICM/ACM Trade-in Policy

Personnel/Admin offices having service members electing to trade-in a previously awarded GWOTEM for the ICM/ACM shall have the member sign the below Page 13 entry: (Substitute Afghanistan Campaign Medal for Iraq Campaign Medal, as appropriate)

"I understand that I was assigned within the Area of Eligibility for the Iraq Campaign Medal (ICM) during the period (start day month year to end day month year) for which I was authorized the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal (GWOTEM). I further understand that per NAVADMIN 085/05, I may elect to either wear the GWOTEM or the ICM. I elect to wear the ICM. I understand that once the ICM is accepted, I cannot change this option and I am no longer eligible for and must remove the GWOTEM, unless earned in a subsequent qualifying period.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

AFAIK, Fifth and Sixth fleet ops still qualify for the GWOT-E

Also... To all the guys saying rolled sleeves is cooler... Try this: Unbutton the cuff of your sleeve, and tuck it INSIDE your sleeve. You'll notice a nice breeze inside your top, sweat will evaporate... It's like wearing a mini AC unit. Hell, I'm ALLOWED to roll my sleeves and never do it.

Quick Reply: Marines - no more rolled sleeves