Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Anyone at Carson?

Old 01-24-2012, 01:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone at Carson?

I'm looking to reenlist for Carson. Just wondering how housing is on post and off post being able to get a garage for my baby. Just me and the wife and the car for now lol but hoping for a little one soon I'm e-5 if that matters there. How's the car scene there as well? Any 1/4 miles?
Old 01-24-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

hey im at carson, its pretty nice, the lack of oxygen will rob your cars power though but being an e-5 finding a garage shouldnt be to hard i live in lower enlisted housing and only have a car port.... also there is a drag strip in pueblo i believe, i haven't gone yet, there is an alright car scene i haven't really gotten into it since my car is under the knife and im usually pretty occupied with the family
Old 01-26-2012, 12:26 AM
TECH Regular

Ok cool I figured the elevation **** would kill but oh well it kills everyone else's to right lol what's your mos?
Old 02-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Launching!

i'm out of carson, currently in afghanistan. it's a nice place. better post than most. but it's getting crowded and they're just now playing catch up.

don't live on post, get a house with a garage. it's easy to find a good place for a decent price if you can live with a 20 min drive. don't live near hwy 85, shitty area. check out the homes near petersen AFB. lots of small neighboorhoods that are considered to be in the county, but 5 min away from everything. lower taxes for registration too.

car scene is "ok" but not great. there are gatherings every weekend though. and i know there's a f body group running around. plenty of shows in the summer. the track closest is 30 miles south pueblo. it not great, but works for test and tune if you have good tires and suspension.

best track is west of denver called bandimere. nhra track and it rocks
Old 02-05-2012, 04:46 AM
TECH Regular

Cool thanks is there any emissions or safety bullshit?
Old 02-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Launching!

not in the springs, unless if you have a deisel. hippie state, doesn't make much sense

oh and coloradohpjunkies.com is a local forum. i'm not on there much, but might find some good car stuff. so is coloradostangs.com but yeah....
Old 02-06-2012, 10:43 PM
TECH Regular

Well seems like I won't be going to Carson its shutdown for reenlismwnt right now

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone at Carson?