Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Rotc

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 03:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotc

I am planning on doing the active duty green to gold option when I get the required college credits. I was wondering what schools have some good ROTC programs? So far my top three are Hawaii, Louisville and Texas A&M. Hawaii because I love it there and the other two because I have family nearby. Please excuse any typos or anything. I have been on shift for quite some time and I am on my iPhone. Thanks
Old 03-23-2012, 05:45 AM
TECH Regular

have you been to hawaii? i hate it here lol but yes i have heard their rotc is good though... i am in the process of getting all the credits i need as well... a little over halfway for that and i plan on attending iowa state university but thats where im from so i will be home and i know its a good engineering school. As far as the rotc program itself i wouldnt really worry as long as its ligit because we alreay know most of the **** that they teach in the program. If I were you i would more so concentrate on getting a good degree and what school can produce that good degree to you. Good Luck!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Thanks man. Yeah I just left there in October. I said the same thing while I was there too. Truth is I didn't hang with the right crowd for most of the time I was there that wanted to do what I like to do. It's got everything I love to do plus it stays warm.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Pick a place you like because doesn't really matter where you get your schooling in ROTC
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 PM
NKAWTG...N

Don't pick schools based on ROTCs.

Pick schools based on what you are interested in and what they offer.

There are no good or bad ROTCs. Only good and bad staff that make those up, and they leave every 2-4 years anyway.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Screw college. Go to a military academy and have a high school experience all over again.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Launching!

If I would've known about the option to go to Westpoint when I was younger I would have done it. I'm going on 27 now so it is too late. I figured as much about the ROTC being about the same from school to school. Thanks for the advice guys, I'll just have to shop around and find a school that suits me.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:27 AM
TECH Regular

but theres no track here lol how can you like it here?!?!?!? im heading to hood in a year and heard nothing but good things about the tracks and the large car scene there so im excited but i am going to try my luck at green to gold as soon as possible, talking to my lt who was 12 years prior enlisted he told me to try a conditional release and just go to school while in the gaurd so i still get a little check and keep my time in service ect... maybe something you could look into as well
Old 04-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Launching!

If that doesn't work out I'll try that. So far I have the requirements other than enough credit hours to do it. Plus I got a few very high up "friends" who will write a letter for me. I am trying to get everything legit so the letter won't factor in the decision. Yeah they don't a track but I could live without one. Been doing it for a minute now anyway.

Quick Reply: Rotc